SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sheesh How many times can I be a newbie? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/148089-sheesh-how-many-times-can-i-newbie.html)

Nohangovers4me 04-14-2008 07:56 AM

Sheesh How many times can I be a newbie?

Well here I am AGAIN. This will be my third time with you folks. Third and final time!

Pixy1 04-14-2008 08:00 AM

Welcome back. :ghug Whats different this time?

warrens 04-14-2008 08:17 AM

Welcome!

If you have learned something, you have a great advantage, I think. No need to do the same thing over and over. What have you learned about yourself?

warren

gypsytears 04-14-2008 08:22 AM

Sheesh How many times can I be a newbie?
As many times as it takes! Hopefully this will be your last starting over...

Wecome back :).

1963comet 04-14-2008 08:37 AM

Glad you are back.

Dean62 04-14-2008 08:40 AM

Welcome Back.

You can go out and experiment as many times as you feel necessary and we will be here anxiously waiting to hear if it has gotten any better for you our there and if you try something different this time we can't accuse you of being insane (doing the same thing over and over etc.) I'm glad to see your back and still giving it a go.

daffodil75 04-14-2008 08:41 AM

I love to read about people who are not giving up no matter what. I, too, hope this is your last time as a newbie...

HideorSeek 04-14-2008 10:10 AM

My turn to come clean

I have to come clean and say that I blew it last night. We were out all day with friends, who drank all day and last night I got really resentful that I CAN't drink, and so I did. REALLY REALLY stupid. But I'm back here today and looking forward. My husband is a saint and we discussed my weak time (5 to 7 pm) and he is going to help me (again) one day at a time, one hour at a time if need be. I really need to be able to admit when I'm on the brink and ask for help. Hopefully, I won't have to fess up again. Thank you all for bearing with me!

ANGELINA243 04-14-2008 10:33 AM

Nohangovers4me--glad you are here. Some people aren't fortunate enough to make it back. Just focus on today. Don't put limitations on your recovery. It takes what it takes. It took me more than 3 attempts to get sober. Hang in there!

Nohangovers4me 04-14-2008 10:40 AM

Thanks everyone!
As for what I have learned or what is different. I am really not sure to be honest.
I just know that I am sick and tired all the time. And life would be brighter and things would get done if I remain sober. I am an evening drinker so I plan to keep myself busy during that time! I may even hang out here when my husband is on night shift.
I can't keep doing this.......it's not working for me and I feel like a lousy person.

mle-sober 04-14-2008 10:40 AM

But you made it back!! Hooray! I always have this image (when I think about myself going back out) of being an astraunout (that can spell) and floating out in darkness with just this little tether to pull me back in.

You're back in! You can breath again! I'm glad you're safe now!

CarolD 04-14-2008 12:47 PM

Action....recovery takes real live action!

Turn off the PC...get to a live meeting
for whatever your addiction is.

There is hope and healing and joy
to be found. Just go and listen.

SR is a great supplement to life.
It's not life.

You too can stop the cycle of misery.
Please don't hesitate to explore.

Congratulations for not giving up.
:hug:

Rusty Zipper 04-14-2008 01:39 PM

carol

Action....recovery takes real live action!
Roll Um!

welcome back Nh4

tennis71 04-14-2008 03:17 PM

Welcome and glad your back! What are you planning to do differently to stay sober this time around?
:SteprobL:

GlassPrisoner 04-14-2008 03:25 PM

Welcome to the insanity that is alcoholism.

Note: Not everyone makes it back.

MagicMan08 04-14-2008 04:35 PM

I have had some HARD relapses, and it seems the consequences of my drinking also get progressively worse. I guess, I found this simple line helpful: If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it. Then you are ready to follow these simple guidelines for recovery. - the aa bigbook (pauls translation)

nogard 04-14-2008 05:14 PM

Welcome back :)

Nohangovers4me 04-14-2008 08:12 PM

One thing I will do differently is to find something to do during those hours in the evening that I want to drink.
Day one down..........feeling sleepy........feeling wonderful though that I made it day first!

HideorSeek 04-15-2008 07:03 AM

Hi Nohangovers4me!

When I posted yesterday on your thread about my own relapse I was trying to say that you are not alone and that this is hard...sometimes excruciatingly so. I, too, am an evening drinker, so, with my husband's help, I hope to fill up the "danger zone" with activities that get me out of my own head. I'm on day two as well, so let's hold cyber-hands and stick this out together! :ghug