Notices

looking foward to living!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking foward to living!

i am a newbie, i've only posted once but have found this place to be extremely helpful! (technology is wonderful! i just wish my loved ones that i have lost could've had the oppurtunity to access this type of support.) i've read many others accounts and stories on here and may have even been bought to tears couple of times, and i do not feel worthy to be in the company of such STRONG survivors, and people that are still struggling and fighting for their lives. i feel like i partied all the way through my twenties and now sitting here at thirty and feel the need and urgency to GROW UP. when i reach 40 i would like to look back and and feel great and be proud about how far i've come and look foward to the future. i have to admit i'm nervous about it, and i don't want my family to laugh at me when i tell them my dream which is to become a flight attendant! if i wasn't smashed for almost a whole decade they thought i was going to go into nursing (and i don't think it's for me). but anyway, don't want to bore you, but thanks and i feel like a little sister of sober recovery! i myself may not have a physical addiction to alchol/drugs but i've lost two siblings to them, and this place is supportive to us also- the families of addicts.

Last edited by shandi76; 04-10-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Shandi,
I'm fairly new here too. Don't post all that often, but I logg on everyday for the support and good vibes that surround this site. Day 18 for me, by far my longest stretch since I was 20 (I'm 30 as well).
Look forward to seeing you around.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shandi,

Welcome!

There is no question in my mind, that those of us who deal with addiction and survive have to work hard and are strong people, but we often perceive ourselves that way.

You can do what you want with the rest of your life. Focus on your recovery and things will work out for you.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Shandi.
I'm glad you found SR, the people here offer tremendous support.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are here sharing with us
Welcome!...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

shandi,

You are so right! this place is awesome! Where else can you ask recovery questions 24/7 and get answers? where else can you post things and get support and support others? I love SR! Welcome! Sheila
Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hello sheila I joined yesterday myself I would come to this site and read the posts often now that I am a member I feel like I can share and I'm not alone the connection is great a comfort of sorts good luck
Old 04-11-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Shandi!
I'm new too (although I'm 54 and obviously more of a slow learner . I just LOVE it here and already feel part of the "family". I just wanted to welcome YOU and say good morning to all! Stength in numbers and support throughout the world!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

Welcome Shandi! This place is great, just like everyone above me said. I am new as well and have found so much helpful advice as well as support for myself in hearing others stories. What is kind of neat is the fact that the people here are in all different stages of recovery and remind me that I am not alone but that I can DO IT and bring myself to a better way of living.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR