Notices

Hello all..Im new here.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Candace

Hello all..Im new here.

today i will not drink..i drink maybe a glass of wine a night..im usually to tired to drink when i get home from work. But if i can I will drink at lunch ,,you know spain has its famous 3 hour lunches,,but i know my liver is not filtering the alcohol because with one or 2 glasses of wine i can feel as if i drank a bottle..
i have to change my mind set...i want to move back to america..but im afraid. To me that is strange, I came to Spain not knowing Spanish.
I have been here and stayed because the people in Spain arent so critical. Itīs easy to be in your own world here,,which probably has hindered me. I really feel like a little girl..at 53. I dont want to take care of myself. Isnt that crazy.
Does this mean I will be alone the rest of my life because Im broken and I will not know how to have a man that is good for me?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

big Hello Lostnspain WELCOME to SR!
think most here @SR are trying to change mindset.
as with most life changes they're accompaned with fear, anxiety n the such...
this is warm and caring community, we share n genuienly try to cope with the overwhelming issues together.
Lost n learning, growing almost like being a child again with innocence to learn over and change our way of thinkin with hope of living without hinderence to our well being, peace n happiness.
i don't think u are broken, just need a lil mend... one thing at a time, one day at a time
my wishes are with u, peace for today:ghug3
Old 04-08-2008, 01:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Does this mean I will be alone the rest of my life because Im broken and I will not know how to have a man that is good for me?
nope.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're here.

It does seem like addiction stops us from maturing and evolving as grown adults, that's for sure. But, that doesn't mean you can't continue to grow from this point. You have the moment and you make a choice to recover.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ola princessa! Ok...thats my bungled-up spanish...lol
Welcome!
You'll find lots of great people here. Im glad you're here.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Lostnspain.
Browse through the other sections of SR, there are always those to discuss all your concerns with, best wishes.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hi!
welcome aboard! lots of nice people on here with lots of good advice and wisdom to share.
take it one day at a time.
good luck.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Candace

Grateful

Ok ..I just wrote a lot here and i touched one of the keys and it all disappeared..puff.
I donīt remember what I wrote,,except ...
It is good to know that Iīm not the only one going through this, and not the only thinking this way..not the only one who has/had an abusive bf. Iīm not the only one trying to climb out of this hole..and there is more help in America when I get back.

The first step message told by Sandy Beach is very very good. I could identify with most of it. Of course, I was laughing so hard at times because of the reality of what he was saying.
I wish I wasnīt so tired,,but I know that will change. Thanks again everyone for your reponses.

Last edited by lostnspain; 04-16-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: sp check
Old 04-16-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lost when you get back to the states I highly reccommend going some where to hear him speak, Sandy originally got sober just north of where I live now and then moved down to Fredericksburg where I do live...... sadly he then moved to Fla. before I got sober, but a lot of folks in my area including my sponsor knows him personally. I went to an AA get togather in Virginia Beach this past year where he spoke, the man has an excellent message. My sponor introduced us, he is just as awesome in person as he is on the CDs.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Candace

Good Afternoon

I would like to hear more of his ...meetings. Just listening to him gives me a lot to think about.. .it seems more real when someone talks about it verses me reading it..itīs a little dry for me to read right now. I donīt know if it is because I donīt hear anyone speak english except for my students or I can apply it easier to my life..(HMmm, now Iīm over analyzing).

Iīm more patient with myself today.

Last edited by lostnspain; 04-16-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: sp ck
Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Prospect

Welcome lost in Spain,
Oh I so wish I could visit Spain someday.
I know how you feel and I standing right beside you, lets take the journey together!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR LostNSpain! Glad that you found us! Please keep posting
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again...

Here is a site for AA speaker tapes..

XA-Speakers - The lights are on!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Hi there and welcome. There is always hope and I'm glad you found this forum - you'll find lots of support here and maybe even some new ideas from the people here to maybe help/encourage you to begin to tackle some of the stuff in your life that you're unhappy about.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lost in early sobriety listening to speakers and going to meetings is how I got by, I too read the BB, but what I found was in early sobriety I just could not seem to grasp what was being said in the BB, after I was sober a couple of months things in the book seemed to start to make a bit more sense and even more sense when I was reading it and talking about what we were reading with my sponsor.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome! SR is a good cross section of the sober fellowships that you can find out in the world. I am not sure about Spain, but they seem to be all over the place here state side.

You don't have to be alone no matter what. Also, have you checked with a Dr. to see if our liver is functioning properly? Just a thought.

Thanks for your post and welcome!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Candace

Hello all ..and thanks..
I feel like a yo yo. Iīm lucky I have the job I do..and that my students love me...
I have a nice warm place to live. I will be going back to America very soon.!!!!!
I havnt drank for days...I guess I should remember what day....but i notice when i want to drink..how im feeling..so i was self medicating..
Here you can buy almost anything over the counter. So I can go online and get a name of a prescription drug and then i give it to the pharmacist and i would buy it..usually for not more then 10 euros..and most of the time less. I use to find an anti depressant and then buy it to help me..the last one was prozac and it helped but it made me feel as if i was a zombie ..i like to dress feminine ,,dresses and heels. but when I took this i had no creativity. I know it was better then feeling up and down minute to minute..but I stopped because i was getting headaches.
I donīt know why I said all that..
When I say Iīm going to do something ..It doesnt always happen.. I want to go to the doctor to have my liver checked.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Candace

I just lied to my son...I hate being alive.....It is easy speaking the truth here because you donīt expect me to be ok... IīM SCARED TO GO BACK to america..
i told him I had a car,,,when actually Im borrowing one. Iīm absolustely crazy..people here think im crazy i think im crazy..i know for sure in america i will be crazy..I will end up under a bridge wishing some how i will disapear. I donīt want to do this.
It hurts and I just want to disapear.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Candace

I know

Im scared