Notices

Anybody got any pets?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This is our pet "bluey" kids named him/her I was hoping something a lil more orginal... it think its a girl but at 6mth old theres no definate way to tell. She's an Eastern Blue Tongue Skink.... tryin to find a good pic with her bright blue tongue poking out.
She may not be as cuddly as a cat or whatever but she likes to snuggle. shes inqusitive n enjoys a nice warm hide in my dreads. very placid and good with the kids, they enjoy playin with her n watchin her explore thru obsticle courses. she has a balanced reptile diet with her fave treat being blueberries.... spose coz their squishy like snails. anyways we love bluey... n if we weren't in a rental i'd love for us to get a puppy. wonder what we'll name the next pet "woofy"

Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Before I forget, Pamm and Trish, I am starting a new support group called Stuck on Post Its:rof

I'm not puter savy enough to put my cat's pic on here too. It took me awhile to figure out how to get his pictures on my profile and now I have to rack my brain and put it here too? Enough already! You'll have to look at my Profile Photo Album to experience the fuzzy beast named Tabs.

I shared on some other threads how I got my cat in Oct. of '05 when I had a few months in Recovery. After I picked him out of the litter of fur balls, on my way out the door I asked the woman who had the kittens if she knew when his birthday was. After she checked in a book in the other room, I was floored when she said July 25. I was reborn on that day! My Sobriety/Surrender date is July 25th!

I started out thinking I had a female due to all of his fur, it was pretty hard trying to find "anything." I discovered differently when he became friendly with my one bathrobe. He had it in his mouth and was kneeding it with his paws when all of a sudden it looked as though he was having a seizure or something! About 30 seconds later, he just sorta fell over with that glazed, fulfilled look in his eyes and I saw something sticking out from all the fur. Now what was I gonna do? I couldn't call this male cat Tabitha anymore! Hence, Tabs.

He's a great friend. He "talks in his sleep," senses when I'm feeling down and bring me a toy to play fetch with. He'll drop it in front of me and if I don't react right away, he sits up on his hind legs and meows in a long, drawn out moan. He loves olives, getting in the shower and hides his toys in my shoes. He has even been known to drag my keys out of my purse and hide them under the rug in the bathroom.

I love this fuzz ball who is sitting on my foot right now as I'm posting this. My foot is asleep so I must go!

FuzzyButts Mom
Old 04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Hey Stone, while I was walking the pins and needles out of my foot, Tabs got on here and actually scrolled back up to check out Daisy!

I think he was actually singing "Cat Scratch Fever" too! LOL!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I LOVE this thread.

When I moved back in with dad and stepmom, inherited 3 cats and a chihuahua. Elvis is my favorite (my avatar)...has literally kept me clean a few times. Pretty-kitty and Mots (used to be named Kitty, but mots is short for mouth-of-the-south because he's VERY loud) are the other 2 cats. Fluffy, a stray, comes by every now and then to eat and get reacquainted. Tinker is the chihuahua...I call her the wonder-wuss, because she barks when the doorbell rings, as she is hiding behind the couch.

I work nights, and every morning when I come home, all 3 cats and Tinker come running up, waiting for treats. Then they all settle in and sleep the day away with me. I'm trying to move out...will definitely take Elvis (despite a $500 pet deposit), and really want to take the other 2 cats, but no apts. will let you have 3 cats and the deposit would kill me.

Before I got into the addiction thing, had 6 indoor cats.

Thanks for all the pics and posts of everyone's pets. Don't know about you, but my pets are family!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have a mini doxie. Chili-the-wonder-weiner-dog.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImJulie View Post
I have a mini doxie. Chili-the-wonder-weiner-dog.
Julie

My doxie is a mini long hair. He has no idea he is a dog. He sleeps in the covers of our bed
He has a dog door, but will bark for me to pick him up and bring him inside.
He is quite a character, and is best friends with our beagle. They will not go on walks alone with me. If I try to leave one at home to go on a walk or to the vet or wherever, they suffer seperation anxiety.

I often tell people we don't have 5 kids, we have 7
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

[IMG]c:/Documents and Settings\Reagan Crawford\Desktop\pups.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Julie

My doxie is a mini long hair. He has no idea he is a dog. He sleeps in the covers of our bed
He has a dog door, but will bark for me to pick him up and bring him inside.
He is quite a character, and is best friends with our beagle. They will not go on walks alone with me. If I try to leave one at home to go on a walk or to the vet or wherever, they suffer seperation anxiety.

I often tell people we don't have 5 kids, we have 7

It must be a doxie thing. Mine has no idea he's a dog either! Sleeps right in between hubby and I, head on the pillow and everything.
He'll eat dog food only if he's starving.....and even then he looks at me with eyes that produce an awful feeling of guilt in me.
I walk my daughter to school each morning.....and Chili likes the walk there, but I have to carry him home! He'll sit his but on the sidewalk and refuse to go any further.
Little imp.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

my baby girl sleeps on the other side of my body pillow........lol so cute wrapped around it just like me....lol
Old 04-07-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Zack is a curious little fella, he's a cross between a huskie and a collie - and he's really bright. That pic of him was quite soon after he was clipped but his natural coat is long. I have to take him to get him clipped often because he scratches all the time with a long coat and ends up with sores.

Before I knew what caused the sores I had him on a diet of pork and potatoes for about a year, which he hated and that made him paranoid about food so now he investigates anything put in front of him really thoroughly before eating it.

He's got this routine he does after he eats his dinner where he goes straight out into the garden and then comes back in when he's finished to celebrate (jumping up and down) because he knows he always gets an apple after his dinner.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

I don't think I have the time or the patience to figure this one out.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

All so cute! Telly too cute!

Stoney so that is where your moods come from? LOL change with Daisy? Just KIDDING!

This is my 17 year old Samantha-(Lhasa Apso) still runs! Great shape! And then below is her Mommy Trixie who passed in June-3 days after her 18th Birthday-

Miss Samantha

Miss Trixie
Old 04-07-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My moods!?!?!?

lol
Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Thumbs up

Here you go guys/gals who wanted to know how to post pics...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1731827

:chatter
Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi I am new to this forum and ofcourse I go to the pets site.....very pleased that it is here....we have 5 dogs,3 cats and 3 fish. we rehab dogs from chains and into the homes.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by stone View Post
My moods!?!?!?

lol
:rof yup uh huh
Old 04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Old 04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sorry, kids! I was playing with the directions on how to post a photo and this is what happened - couldn't figure out how to put both pics in one post, OR how to write a message along with pics! But at least I sort of understand now. Anyway, this is Baxter our 2 yr. old yellow lab & Heaven our 10 month old English Mastiff!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

hevan baby is absolutely crying to play with em!!!!!!!!!!!!