Notices

Post from my alter-ego

Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Tay, you're exactly right.

I suppose if anything if was good to articulate my plunge as it happened. Because so many times, for years and years, I've done this over and over again and never even SAW it. Dodging bullets constantly and thinking I have it under control because I've never been hit. I've been making my life far too dangerous, unnecessarily.

I had one the worst nights of sleep I've had in a while. I have yet to face the client I let down this weekend. We probably lost $10's of thousands of dollars of future work because of this.

I'm going to listen to my sponsor, work the steps, put myself in God's hands. It's the only way I see out of this.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
where the light is

Originally Posted by tesquizito View Post
I had one the worst nights of sleep I've had in a while. I have yet to face the client I let down this weekend. We probably lost $10's of thousands of dollars of future work because of this.

I'm going to listen to my sponsor, work the steps, put myself in God's hands. It's the only way I see out of this.
The day after my screw-up, I called our client (that was stressful), apologized and offered to do whatever I could to address the situation. They were disappointed but friendly. Three months later, they asked me to facilitate another weekend session (and believe me, I did my absolute best for them). Of course, our situations are different - before you do anything, you could seek direction from your sponsor (I did). I also talked to my boss (they had contacted him and all they really wanted was an apology from me).

If you can even partially address it, it sure beats worrying about it. I know it's tough, but try not too look too far down the road on this one - who really knows what's going to happen? D
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

He said that going to meetings and reading the big book was *not* the program. I need a sponsor and have to work the steps. So it wasn't that I was doing something wrong, just that I wasn't doing it AT ALL.
Tes in my opinion your sponsor is very wise, the BB backs him up when it says:

Half measures availed us nothing.
You know in life with many things a half arse effort leads to half arse results, but when it comes to alcohol and an alcoholic there is no half arse results, we are either sober or we are not.

You are at a turning point right now imo, it is time to crap or get off the pot, getting a sponsor was a step in the right direction, you need to keep moving in the right direction.

Always keep in mind that alcoholism is a progressive FATAL disease, the longer an alcohlic drinks the worse their disease gets, it never gets better always worse. In the end the choices are death or sobriety. Which one do you think will give you long term happiness?