Notices

I need your help!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need your help!

Here I am. I am at my bottom and I want to be clean so badly. I have lost almost everything. I don't know how I got to this point. I called a Suboxone doctor and they will not take me as I take Ativan for many years for panic disorder. I do not abuse them and take them exactly as directed. My drug of choice is opiates. I have been on them for almost 5 years. I have no insurance, no job, and have gone through all of my money. I am detoxing at home alone. I am on 2nd day. I have tried to get off of pills about times in the last 4 months, then the withdrawls get so bad, I give in. This time I am going to do it, and I need support. I have no other choice.

This is a big step for me just posting here and or tryiing to go to a doctor and tell them about my "problem". I feel horrible, can't put one foot in front of the other. Since I have no insurance or the money to go the rehab, I a, turning here. I need support and help from others who understand what I am going through! Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

Can you go to your family dr?

I do understand that withdrawls are very difficult, but you can get through it. I hope you can keep reading and posting here because you'll find lots of support and information.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

withdrawals can be painful ul have alot of painful thinking just try and stay positive and eat lots of healthy food and juice or water,

and keep fighting ul make it throught

ativan is all so very addicting so you well find you well have increased panic attacks i have the same thing but i was wiened off ativan because of its addicting properties see if you can get valium from your family doctor that helps alot to get your throught detox i was put on it for a week to help get over ativan after the first week or so you should start feeling better
Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Hello and welcome! I know that withdrawal is difficult, but you can get through it. like Anna said, keep posting and reading posts here! they help! keep us updated! we are pulling for you!

Sheila
Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Have you tried your local Behavioral Health Center or a church related rehab?