Notices

New to recovery

Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to recovery

Nubie- A good place to start

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Good morning I am new to anykind of on line chat so I'm not sure how to do this but here goes. I posted this in another forum too I hope thats OK?-----

Hello I am new to all this I have been reading with you all for the last few days and I'm excited to get to know you all. Here is my journey that brought me to you all. I am a abuser. I benge drink once or twice a week and the progression is terrifing, when ever I went out or go out in the evening to the store or to take my kids to an activitey I felt and still feel the need to stop and buy a 6pack suck it down when I get home and go about my evening chores and I thought it had no effect on my 3 kids or my husband I alwas got all my work done so what's the problem? I started forgetting the night before the next morning and I forgot what bed my kids went to sleep in. So I thought "Here's your Sign"
I have been married for 15 year's 2 of the first were shared drinking and using coke with my husband, Had my first child I stopped everything and became a mom, hubby kept on partying, time passed baby grew stopped nursing and started partying again for the second time that lasted about 4 year's with neglet, verbal abuse, emoitional abuse and an all around ugly marriage with one sweet little 4 year old right in the middle. I stopped partying on a regular basis, got pregnant again it was all good. my husband had no idea how to be a father so now I was mostly raising 2 kids on my own and trying to deal with my husband being a A. Hole. He decided to go to treatment for coke and that worked he stopped, but he still drank and now he found Gambeling was his drug of choise. He has a very addictive personality he does everything to excess. I was still good then we got the news about my second child, she has a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy so that sucked she is now almost 8 My third child is the SWEETEST little man on the planet and he too has SMA Spinal Muscular Atrophy he is waiting for his bwheel chair the insurence company is denying our request. Husband is addicted to a multitude of perscription meds no more gambeling or drinking and not so much of an A.Hole So three kid's selfe mployeed (I forgot to mention that me and hubby have a busniess together) So over whelmed very depresed very angry at my husband and very sad about my kids I started drinking socialy at first then alone after work or before work was done depending on how bored I was or am. I am seeing a D.A. counsler and am going to my 2nd meeting tonight and will actualy ask for help this time.
I'm so angry at my husband for BIG crap that happened along time and don't trust him not to break my heart and emotional trust w/him again I guess I got drunk to avoid all my crap for an evening.
Sorry if this was long and boring I was told it is most helpfull just to get it out there.
Sober sence Tuesday

THANKS SO MUCH 4MY3
Old 04-03-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR. It sould like you are in the process of getting help for yourself, and that is great.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

HEY:I COULD I.D. WITH U ABOUT THE PART OF RAISING YOUR CHILD ALONE CAUSE HUBBY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO BE A FATHER BUT LISTEN HONEY ALL I COULD SAY IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR HANDS FULL JUST FOR TODAY . .
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your story. You've come to the right place. I've been here a short time and have learned so much, and have received so much support and encouragement. I still have plenty more to learn though.. I wish you and your family the best of luck with your journey to sobriety. Welcome!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...

We are happy you found us...

Keep posting...:ghug
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the safest place to vent, get support and encouragement. Keep coming back!:ghug2
Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are here with us...

Blessings to you and your family
Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! GLad you are here! :ghug3
Old 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!