Notices

I am NOT an alcoholic what am I doing here

Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by miavin2 View Post

I feel like that kid a lot of the time in sobriety...like Im warmed in the sun...happy ...content...like there could not possibly be anything better than this in Heaven or Earth.
Not rollin my eyes. Because I see it gets even better then that.
I find that when I look, each day is better then the last. I may have more troubles today they yesterday but I am alive and sober and I can enjoy what this day offers. Tomorrow may be a day with less troubles and I hope to take the lessons of today into tomorrow...that will make my tomorrow better then today. I will have learned more so I can do more.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I definitely feel for you Vinny. I've had these same tapes playing in my head since I woke up on Sunday, and I'll have 9 months of sobriety next week.

I wish I had something more productive to add, but know you're not alone in this.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by best View Post
Not rollin my eyes. Because I see it gets even better then that.
I find that when I look, each day is better then the last. I may have more troubles today they yesterday but I am alive and sober and I can enjoy what this day offers. Tomorrow may be a day with less troubles and I hope to take the lessons of today into tomorrow...that will make my tomorrow better then today. I will have learned more so I can do more.
yeah...It gets greater later !
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I definitely feel for you Vinny. I've had these same tapes playing in my head since I woke up on Sunday, and I'll have 9 months of sobriety next week.

I wish I had something more productive to add, but know you're not alone in this.
WOW...coming up on 9 months ! Inspirational man !

I dont know whats more productive than that madscientist... your message is helpful to me...

Mv2:ghug3
Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thanks guys... Wouldnt you now my friends started calling me and asking me to have a beer with them... To much of a coincidence dont you think... offcourse there was a party I really couldnt miss...

But i didnt go and just stayed at work

I stayed at work untill 0015 and I just got in. I am totally beat BUT I didnt drink and I am now in day 14.

Just to be so everyone knows I really do think I am an Alcohilic It is just my mind telling meI am not (that really makes a lot of sense).

Reading all yr stories and seeing that lots of people have the same ideas really makes me more convinced everyday about my problem even if my mind is screaming something else.

It was my weakest moment since I had quit drinking thanks for helping me through

Vinnie
Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

atta boy vinnie...atta boy...get another day tomorrow...proud of you...you should proud of yourself.

GOD I LOVE THIS PROGRAM !...i need you man...keep coming back.

miavin2
Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Well done Vinnie. Right choices, right results. Well done.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sounds like you're doing well, it does get better and better and better.....