Notices

Day 3 and First Meeting

Old 04-03-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today

Day 3 and First Meeting

Well I've got to day 3 and got my first meeting this afternoon. Been trying to get out of it.........been phoning friends to see if anyone wanted to meet up........any excuse not to go, but luckily no-one was in! Also had it in my head that the meeting was at 2pm but I just checked the AA website and it's not until 5, lucky I checked cos if I'd got there and there was nobody else there that would have been another excuse not to go again (at least i'd tried!).

Oh well, got to leave in about 3 hours to get there, and I know I've got to do it, got to stay positive.

Keep sending positive thoughts my way and I'll let you know about it when I get back.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Good luck!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Glad to see you've made the decision to go to a meeting. I waited far too long to do it. Now I wonder what took me so long. Congrats on your sober time, you're doing great.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well done and good luck
I went to my first last night, and what a lovely bunch of people they were too.
Ill let you in on a secret too, they were all TOTALLY NORMAL hahahaha.
not what i was expecting at all.
I hope it goes well for you, it did for me and ill definately be going back next week.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The people at AA are some of the same people you'll see in the grocery store and local parks. Not crazy, not bums, just normal people who realize they have a problem and want to fix it. For me it was like walking into a PTA meeting. Normal people everywhere who are willing and able to help you. It's not scary, it quite relaxing.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just for today

Just got back, and what was I worried about? The friendliest, lovliest bunch of people you could meet. I was too scared to share, maybe tomorrow. After the meeting went and sat in the car and cried my eyes out, and drove the half hour home hanging onto my 24 hour chip for dear life.

I'm not alone, yeah!!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

IS YOUR DISEASE TALKING WHEN IT TRYST TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR NOT GOING TO A MEETING, THIS DISEASE IS CUNNING IT DOESN'T WANT YOU TO RAT ON IT, JUST KEEP GOING TO MEETINGS, RECOVERY IS OUR RESPONSABELITY, AND STAYING SOBER IS OUR GOLD!!!!!!!!!LISTEN IF IS ANY CONFER TAKE ADVANTAGE CAUSE THERE ARE MANY OF US LIKE MUA(ME),THAT ARE DIEING TO MAKE A OUT SIDE MEETING,THE REASON I CANT YEAH T, MAKE A MEETING IS BECAUSE I'M WAITING FOR MY PRESCRIPTION(MEADS),I'M BIPOLAR AND ONLY 3-MONTHS CLEAN AND UNTIL I DON'T GET MY PRESCRIPTIONS, I CANT GO NO WHERE I SUFFER FROM ANXIETY, AND MOOD SWINGS, AND HIGHS, AND LOWS, AND GET DISORIENTED AT TIMES AND PARANOIA, BEFORE WAS A WALK IN THE PARK I HAD A GOOD JOB AT THE BEST DESIGNER, FASHION, CLOTHING STORE, WAS VERY SOCIAL, AND OUT GOING, OF CURSE I WAS MOST OF THE TIME EITHER BUDDED(SMOKE OUT,ON MARIJUANA)OR COKE UP, AND OF CURSE THE LAST BUT NOT LEAST DRUNK UP,WHEN DECEMBER OF LAST YEAR ARRIVE I WAS JUST TIRE OF BEEN SICK OF TIRE OF THE B,S, AND MADE MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION, I WAS SERIOUS BUT NOT MY DISEASE, I WANT IT BAB THE HALL SOBRIETY THING, BUT I HAD PROBLEMS AT THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY, AND GOT TO MY KNEES CRY OUT TO G.O.D.(GOOD,ORDERLY,DIRECTION,) AND THATS THE HALL TRUE NOTHING BUT THE TRUE, NOW I'M FINDING MY SELF REALLY TAKING THIS 30,000000, MILLION CHANCE THAT I BEEN GIVING, SERIOUS,I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS, OR THINGS ABOUT ME, THIS IS MY LIFE ON THE LINE, I'M MAD CAUSE I WAS 4 YEARS AGO DIAGNOSE WITH BIPOLAR, BUT JUST THROUGH IT TO THE BACK BURNER (DENIAL)IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, AND REALLY DIDN'T BELIEVE IT, TOOK LIFE, AND EVERYTHING, FOR GRANTED, NOW LOOK AT ME THE BIG WILLY, NOT SO BIG AFTER ALL HA! THIS DISEASE DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE, OR RESPECTS, ANY GENDER,OR RACE,IT WILL GET YOU IF YOU PLAY WITH IT, OR ENTERTAINED IT, MY LIFE WAS SO FULL OF DREAMS, AND GOALS, MY COUNSELOR TOLD ME THAT I HAVE A GREAT I.Q. BUT MY E.Q. SMASHES IT DOWN, SO YOU SEE THATS WHAT THIS FRECKLING DISEASE DOS, IT CHEWS YOU UP THEN IT SPITS YOU BACK OUT, AND MY APPOINTMENT WITH MY PSYCHIATRY IS NOT UNTIL JUNE, SO FOR NOW IS STAYING HOME AND LOGIN IN TO S..R, BUT JUST FOR TODAY I'M GRATEFUL, IT COULD OF BEEN WORTS SOME OF US DON'T MAKE IT BACK, LIKE MY BABY BROTHER, AND MY COUSIN, AND MANY MORE SO B GRATEFUL JUST FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just for today

Hang in there Butterfly7, I know it's harder for you going through it all without being able to go out to meetings. But at least you've got all these good folk on here supporting you.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hey HoneyBunny!

Look at you all going to meetings and stuff!! Horray! Keep up the good work! Remember how nervous and anxious you were? You took a huge step forward today. And it was okay! Just a little thing to remember when it's time to take the next step.

You're doing a great job.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

good job HB...thats a huge step...keep going back...you should be proud of yourself...you may want tp get some phone numbers too...the phone is our lifeline... you can do it...

miavin2
Old 04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Just for today

Thanks all for your kind, supportive words.

Just starting day 4, trying not to think about the future, and how my life will be different without alcohol. Just taking one day at a time.

thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

congratulations honeybunnie!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Honey
Wonderful! you know how hard it is for people to make that first step - that frist meeting!!! I know it was for me! I cried so mcuh in my first meeting - and many meetings after that!! What a blessing this program is - and what a wonderful way to learn to live! I picked up my 2 year chip on Sunday officially - also held onto it for dear life!! Every upwards!!!
cathy31
x
Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

.....Good for you!