Notices

Day Three

Old 04-02-2008, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Force Is Strong In This One

Day Three

Hey all, well day three is here.
last night got a couple of hours sleep, pretty restless but at least two's better than what i have been getting ie diddly squat!
Got home last night after the longest day at work i can remember, got some food inside me got myself a shower and a shave so at least my outside doesnt match my inside today

Spoke to my wife again, who is obviously going through it all with me, i wish i could just fast forward two months and show her i can control this but i slowly with these things, one day at a time as our mantra goes. She's visibly had her trust with me rocked which i can understand and at the moment im pretty needy for affection but unfortunatly the two dont mix and can cause friction.
I cant trust myself with money at the moment so ive suggested getting my wage paid directly into her account for the time being not only as a gesture but to remove temptation and to ease her mind . Guess its not the most manly thing to do but at this stage who cares about all that
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Guess its not the most manly thing to do but at this stage who cares about all that
huh.

Taking care of family first is about the manliest thing I've seen in a while, Mr.H.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mr H - you're doing really good solid practical things to protect your recovery. A pretty good sign I reckon. Give it a few weeks and the world will look differently at you, and your self esteem will rocket!

Great Escape
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think a man isnt defined by were his salary goes. I think a man is defined by his courage and the ability to take care of his family and what he does for other people beside himself. And looking at yr post you fit all 3 categories perfectly... Keep it up sober = better
Old 04-02-2008, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Force Is Strong In This One

Thanks guys n girls, got me abit teary these replys:ghug2
Old 04-02-2008, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I will second what others have said and say congrats on 3 days sober. Are you working a recovery program? There are very few alcoholics that stay sober for any length of time totally on self will, I know I spent 10 years trying the "My Way" program and the only long term results I got out of the "My Way" program was going from being able to go a week without a drink to HAVING to drink every day or bad things would start to happen.

The results I got from the "My Way" were spending the last 5 years of my drinking not drawing a sober breath!!!!

You are not alone, I hope you are not fighting this alone using the "My Way" program.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i wish i could just fast forward two months and show her i can control this but i slowly with these things, one day at a time
It would be nice but recovery unfortunately dose not work that way. All you can do is show her one day at time that you are changing. My wife went through many times where I quit and relapsed over the years. Something we have to realize is that we are not the only ones that suffer because of our disease.
The sleep thing (or lack of) was one of the toughest things for me but it is much much better now. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES IS NOT CONQUER AND HOW FAST YOU RUN IS THAT YOU GET THERE" .