Notices

Newbie here

Old 03-29-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hi dunnit,how did you DO IT?
i can go two weeks but always fall off no matter how many times i try.
You are an inspiration id love to be able to have 18 days, never mind 18 months
Old 03-29-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dunnit View Post

I've "dunnit", I've beaten it. I'd like to think I may be able to help others beat it too.

Welcome to SR, as you can see it is a caring supportive environment. Please share your experience on how you beat alcohol.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
TheShyGirl (sex blogger)

Feel the fear, and do it anyway.

Originally Posted by supernothing View Post
hi dunnit,how did you DO IT?
i can go two weeks but always fall off no matter how many times i try.
You are an inspiration id love to be able to have 18 days, never mind 18 months
Hi SN,

I've just posted a response on your own thread which goes a little way to explaining my personal way of handling "alcoholic situations".

The hardest part, for me, was the first week. Obviously, you start to feel physically better as time moves forward, and that, in turn, lifts your mood.

Then you can start to see things positively and scary situations don't seem so daunting when you're thinking with a clear head.

Make yourself face a scary situation sober, little by little, say 2 or 3 times a week. Once you've done it once, you've no need to fear it a second time. Then you know that you don't need alcohol to get through it, no matter what that situation may be. Hell, at the worst part of my drinking, I couldn't even answer the phone without having a drink in my hand. Ridiculous, I know.

My mum always says "the thought of doing something is always worse than the deed itself" - that is sooooo true! But, I can only say that now because I have a clear head.

Two weeks is a great start to getting sober. If you can do two, you can do three and before you know it, you'll be counting in months. The most important thing to remember is that if you fall off the wagon, never be afraid to jump straight back on. The wagon is still moving forward and you can be too!

Dunnit
:ghug3