Notices

Scared, lonely,paranoid...I forgot this part

Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared, lonely,paranoid...I forgot this part

Just passed 13 hours since last drink.....and the mental fog and paranoia and the " I'm gonna die" feeling is in FULL EFFECT...I'm so afraid of every ache and pain and thought......I'm taking a 1mg Ativan every 4 hours but its not helping much....The physical stuff has abated somewhat but the fear and mental anguish/fog sure hasn't .....I feel so alone...so down. I know a lot of the mental stuff is because of the detox but it still hurts.....haven't eaten in 4 days...violently ill.....no sleep ( maybe snatches) about the same....trying to drink water.....look forward...please help
Old 03-27-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You've been here before, Rob. Slow down, and try to concentrate on your breathing. Do something to distract your mind if at possible. i.e. online crossword puzzle or something? DO NOT DRINK. Remember what this feels like! You do not have to keep doing this to yourself. When will you next get to a meeting?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rob, hang in there. Try not to fear the awful feelings...your body is healing itself...ridding itself of poison..stay close...we are all here for you! Jomey
Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Rob)))
Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rob

You must EAT. I know, I know...

Seriously, the dragon looks for any ***** in our armor. Anything. Funny, I'd go without eating all the time when drinking. A skinny guy, I eat like crazy now. It really fends off the dragon.

If alone, go out and get some comfort food. Making something decent may be beyond what you can manage right now. Go get a great breakfast of ham and eggs and hashbrowns and OJ. Even if it is 7pm.

You really will feel better. Hard to sleep when you have a dull void in your stomach. Get some junkie munchies even if, like me, you stay away from that stuff.

Your body needs nutrients and sugars and all that stuff. Almost anything you consume will help, I think. Your chemistry is out of f'ing whack. I can't get enough fruit juice, if nothing else.

Don't make it easy for the dragon...

warren
Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Clear soups.
Beef broth .. whatever.

There's this porduct - 'Emergen-C' ...
it's a replacement for vitamin C,
but also got some electrolytes in there as well.

Where's your doc - talk in all this?