Notices

ready to start

Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dude

I've been following your posts a bit Least. And yeah, the general feeling I get from this community: Just keep trying and don't let the little things bring you down <3
Old 04-19-2008, 11:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
dude

another day down and another day i am glad i found this community... <3
Old 04-19-2008, 11:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi Natsiw - good job!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus....you too can recover!

Do you have a plan for continuing your progress?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great job!

Haven't seen you around. How long?

warren
Old 04-20-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm also glad to see you again. It's been a while since I first read your thread. I have 22 days sober today and grateful for every one of those days. I'm starting to feel like a new person, and it feels good. Keep coming back and keep us informed as to your progress. :ghug
Old 04-20-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Welcome natsiw. Looks like you're doing great!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
dude

back to day one... disappointed in myself.. still glad this community is here...

i find i do ok during the week (sun - thurs) ... but how do you deal with friday and saturday night.... i can't seem to outlast the hours.... sabotages me every time ><
Old 06-14-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just try again, one day at a time. You can get back there. Just start over. A lot of us take many tries before we get it right. Keep trying.:ghug2
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Originally Posted by natsiw View Post
back to day one... disappointed in myself.. still glad this community is here...

i find i do ok during the week (sun - thurs) ... but how do you deal with friday and saturday night.... i can't seem to outlast the hours.... sabotages me every time ><

Hey Natsiw. Well, for one, how about updating your profile so that we can get to know you better. It's a Daddio thing I guess.

I always tell everyone to learn the art of BB painting. It really consumes a lot of your time. The idea is to get interested in different things. I read your old post and you talked about things that you missed. Well, Doode, get back into them. Go to the bookstore and buy some interesting new books. Join Netflix, take up copper welding, stained glass, bird calling or whatever.

The thing is that you have finally decided to quit filling your time with booze and now you don't know what to do with that new found luxury. It's a little sideline gift of sobriety. And it's a beautiful thing as well. All of that time wasted on being wasted can never be regained. So make the most the time that you now have on your hands. Remember the idle mind, devil's workshop stuff from when you were a kid. Well, it's something to do with that. Just my humble opinion.

Don't let the boredom be your excuse. I think that one is right up top of the list of the "reasons why I hit the sauce last night" list. Keep posting here and let us know how you're doing.

Last edited by Daddio; 06-14-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-14-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
dude

thank you for the support... i know the answer is within my reach... sometimes it is just really hard to recognize.... i am proud of the fact i now don't drink during the week (sun - thurs) but i a way.. that adds to the problem...

thank you again for your positive comments... i realize the answer is within myself... just seems like a insurmountable wall sometimes...

<3
Old 06-14-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Yeah, I know what you mean. IT IS GOOD that you make it during the week without the hootch. Now just find those little clues as to what is working for you on those days and transfer them to weekend. I have a feeling that you will succeed with this. You seem to have the desire to get it done.

And trust me my friend when I tell you that you will be so thankful.

I think back to this time two years ago. By this time on a Saturday night I would be close to polishing off a handle of Tangueray Vodka. Only to wake up (JOKE - come to) Sunday morning and start the day with a screwdriver. As you said, wash, rinse, repeat. Not any more though Bubba.

I wake up in the mornings feeling refreshed, head clear, (stiff though just because I'm in my mid-50's), no stinky alcohol breath or gut wrenching from the alcohol poisoning. Just a beautiful day that God has allowed me to enjoy. SOBER. You too will get there and will send us posts of your new life.