Notices

really wanting a drink right now

Old 03-23-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

C'mon now Least. You know that know one is tired of you. You know how many people have relapsed here. You know the stories. Yes, you do need a good night's sleep. You are in shock right now. Not a good time to think. Watch a good movie, listen to some favorite music, do something distracting.

Unlike many here, it sounds like you still have much to lose. Focus on what you have. Your assets. The market will improve.

warren
Old 03-23-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Least, don't forget that you're talking to many people who've been where you are. We understand, so don't worry that you're annoying or bothering us. YOU'RE NOT!

I'm glad to hear that you're going to keep trying. Now like Warrens said, try to find something to help you relax and get your mind off everything. Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

thank you all. whether I deserve it or not. thank you.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good Morning least,

This is a new day. Today I will work, come home, and no matter what happens today I have a meeting at 7 tonight. I never miss this meeting, I have friends there. It's the Monday meeting I've been annual chair of for 2 years, started when I was 3 months sober and scared to death because I didn't know what the heck I was doing.

My point is least, I had to do things I didn't want to do. I didn't want to go to meetings, but I did. I didn't want to read the book or get a sponsor or become involved in any way, but I did. I had too!!

Some folks can get sober without AA or a program, but I'm not one of those people. I had to go to any length to get sober and stay sober. Now, I enjoy my meetings and my friends there. Never thought I would, but I do. Go figure, I never knew what made me happy anyway and I thought I had everything figured out.

Today is a new day least. What will you do today? What one thing will you do that you don't want to today? What is that one thing you can do to prove to yourself that sobriety is important to you? What are those things? Only you know because you have nothing to prove to anyone besides yourself.

If you're not getting enough help, seek more help, never NEVER give up.

God's peace
Old 03-24-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many of us had false starts on our way to recovery.

If you don't want to be struggling alone get into AA.
It's an awesome adventure to experience.

Take care...you are wirth the joy of recovery.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ok, today is day One. I woke up feeling as bad as I deserve to feel, but will somehow get thru today. :praying Thank you all for supporting me and caring. It really helps.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

That's it Least, just worry about today. And remember how you feel this morning. It can be the last time you feel this way.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Least I had to reach the point of being willing to do anything to stay sober before I was able to do so.

I spent years quitting my way and always wound up drinking again, the main reason was I had to do it my way, in reality I was simply not really ready to quit, you see I am an alcoholic, and my way is drinking.

I had to admit that my way did not work, I finally reached that point where I had to admit my way did not work and to try another way, a way that had worked for other alcoholics. but I had to be willing to do anything they had done to stay sober. I found the same solution they had found and it was not thier way either.

Are you willing to do anything to get and stay sober?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Least, today is a new day....
Make the best of it.
Be good to yourself.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi least, glad to see you are back! Take care today and be very kind to yourself. I sent you a pm.