Notices

New Beginning

Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Normal people are so hostile

New Beginning

Okay. I threw out my stash this morning. I only had 2 drinks yesterday, which tells me I CAN stop. (even though it was just because I didn't have anything at home). I was extremely on edge and short with DH last night, and when he asked me what my problem was, I told him. I told him I am so ready to get off this roller coaster, that I was terrified of being around a bunch of people drinking at Easter, and he said we would just stay home if I felt like that. He said he would do everything he could to help me.

He made me a great supper, and wasn't upset when I couldn't eat much of it. I took a sleeping pill and even though I woke up in a pool of sweat, I actually slept pretty good. DH made me breakfast and coffee this morning, and the fact that he is on my side is such a weight off my shoulders. He probably always would have been, I just never had the courage to talk to him about it. He always tells me how strong I am, and it was hard for me to let him know I'm really not strong at all.

So, I'm optimistic again today. Let's get this party started! :bounce
Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, It sounds like you are preparing a good foundation on which ot build your future. I am very happy for you!

You can do this! The support and encouragement of your husband will certainly help.

I would suggest that you really consider who you are doing this for. It must be for YOU, I think. Sure, your partner and everyone you love will benefit, but you must own all parts of your recovery. You must be driving your train.

Many here are recovering IN SPITE of their SO's. While more difficult, their recovery is no less important because they are doing it for themselves.

You made a comment yesterday about letting people here down. If you fail, you will only owe yourself an apology. Not your husband, not us. Thus, you will also own the success you earn. All of it.

I look forward to following and sharing in your journey. This place has been of huge help to me. In recovery, Easter can be just another day. Only you will know when that occurs. Your recovery is both the same and different from anyone else's.

Have a great day!

warrens
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Wow! You have NO IDEA how fortunate you are to have a supportive partner. It can make all the difference in the world. Please take advantage of it. If my husband were supportive, I'd lean on him 100%. And I'd feel so much safer.
I'm so happy to see that you are picking yourself up after your minor slip. That is the most important part of recovery, is that we keep trying no matter what.
Good job!
Hope to hear more from you.
Tay.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

That is so awesome.
I am happy for you.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Great invisigirl, well done and keep going - really glad for you, sounds like you've got some good support there!!!