Notices

Living in Recovery

Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Exclamation Living in Recovery

This is not a winge (whine) and I am ok. It’s really just an example for me of living life on life’s terms and maybe just maybe it will be relevant to someone else.

Some time ago I started thinking I was ready for an intimate relationship. So I started to do put myself out there and did get to talk to and meet many women. Some of them where very nice others weren’t and for most of them we did not click.

Then about 6 weeks ago I met a woman who I got on with and we started seeing each other. It went ok for a while, but a few days ago I finished the relationship, we are still friends and I hope will remain so.

What happened is tricky for me to sort out completely, but first I realised that I had not been clear about what I expected and had simply gone along with events as she seemed to find me attractive. Secondly I was terrified at certain points in this new relationship and felt completely helpless.

Also a family member is going through a very traumatic time and I have needed to put much of my energy and resources into being with her.

I have also decided to sell my property (house and 40 acres) and that’s stressful as well!

However, not only I am still drug free, I never even thought of using. Plus the fact that recovery gives me ways and means of dealing with life.

I have learnt a lot and clearly have a long way to go. Just wanted to share this with you and let you all know how important you are to me. Without you I would be really buggered.

Kevin
Old 03-17-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it just goes to show, that you aren't ready yet (either that or she was kinky as all get out!)
Think of YOU first!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kev,

I'm sorry that the relationship didn't work out for you two, but I am glad that you have enough perspective to see what you want and need in a relationship.

So, where are you planning to move to? Are you going to move to a more urban setting or are you just looking for a change?
Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

:ghugI am glad you are here.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope your family member will be alright.

I to find that a clear mind is the only way to live now.

Thank's for sharing.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi Kev,

I'm sorry that the relationship didn't work out for you two, but I am glad that you have enough perspective to see what you want and need in a relationship.

So, where are you planning to move to? Are you going to move to a more urban setting or are you just looking for a change?
Its been a hard decision to make as I love living out there but I am on my own and since I have been in recovery I am in teh city all the time. So even though it will be sad I am selling up, did try and subdivide but not going to happen, so selling and hoping to live within cycling distance of the city (10-20km) and on teh beach, thats my plan lets see what the univerese has to say about it!

Tobi and Rana will be sad too, but like me they will love being on the beach, lots of walks and splashes

Kevin
Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kevin,
you sound like a lovely man, in everything you post here. I thank you for being you.
I made huge changes after 2 years of sobriety, my recovery really began when I sold up, moved towns, went back to school, got my dream job and developed new friendships whilst volunteering at my local food bank.

My life is not the same, at all, and I don't regret a minute of it.

I have time for hiking, climbing, fishing , camping , sailing, reading and just being with me sometimes.

Seize The Day My Friend!

Seren

ps. I do the Phoebe from "Friends" "funny running" on the beach when I am alone lol
Old 03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

lol, thanks seren. Yes I have the sense that this is right and am going with it.

Kevin