Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

((((Pamm))))

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I HATE BEING A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.................lol
I ain't in jail yet though.......and all is done here payment made before 5pm now just Midland tomorrow with the case.....ughhhhhhhhhhhh

I am trying........Trying to follow my big sisters steps.......SHE ACTUALLY HAS MONEY SAVED!!!!!! I wanna be like her!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Lil Sis)))

Yeah, but I still have a lot of people I owe money to. We stay clean, do what we can, and we pray a lot
Old 03-17-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I understand your posts here properly so forgive me if I've gotten the wrong end of the stick. In your first posts here, it sounded like you were weighing up coke for someone? in order to make some money?Is that right?

I just dont understand how you would think that was okay-and also, if you are serious about your recovery what on earth are you doing hanging out with drug dealers?It'd be like me working in a bar, pouring drinks for people and trying to fool myself I wouldn't pick up.Knowing what drugs have done to your own life-how could you bring yourself to enable someone else to go wreck other people's lives with the same substance?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh here Pam-but I'm pretty stunned (again-if I read this correctly.If not-ignore me)

I appreciate you're under huge stress to raise the money you need, but as others have said-the cars are just 'things'-sentimental value or not-and you need the money more.

I guess my main concern here is that if you are still mixing with people who use/deal-then you're playing with fire.I think, especially at an intensly stressful time like this-you should have none of those people in your life and should be surrounded by people who are clean and also in recovery.Are you going to meetings still?I think you need all the support you can get.

Anyway-I just had to say something because it seemed to be swept under the carpet a bit here-and I think it's an important issue, if I got it right.

Wishing you the best in all this,

Jules.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thinking about you Katz.

Just remember don't pick up and that you only have to do one day at a time.

Barb
Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Just be careful....I wouldn't want to be anywhere NEAR my DOC. I wouldn't hang w/ those ppl anymore if I were you.

Plus, my philosophy in life is the ends will NOT justify the means. Meaning if you make money by illegal gains, then it will just slip through your fingers or take like wings of eagles and fly away....

blessings, Sheila
Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

+

It has been a long year ya know that guys........I guess, I am still setting my self up for failure and I dont know why....Jules you are right ALOT of my friends are druggies....and dealers and users and that doesnt make them bad or right or what ever, misguide yes, but that isnt for me to judge.......
Old 03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Pam,

I'm not saying your friends are 'bad' people-what people do and who they are can be very different.My point is-for you to be hanging out with people who use/deal is a really dangerous thing to do when you're so vunerable right now.

I appreciate you've had a lousy year and I'm sorry for all you've been through/are going through.I just think you need better support and that being around people who use/deal is not helping you, obviously.

I know you went to a meeting or two not so long ago-perhaps it would help to go again?Just a thought.

Jules xox
Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I dont think anyone is asking you to judge anyone.
I know I have a few friends I know I will never forget. But they are half way across the country. I may talk tot hem occasionally. But I doubt I could ever hang with any of them again.
They are all good people and if it wasnt for them I would have been in alot worse shape when I was runnin the streets.
I had a really hard time accepting that I may never be able to be around them as much.
But you know what? They are my friends and I know they would want me to do whatever I had to do to make sure I stayed sober.
This isnt about your friends...This is about you.
And your decisions to do the right thing at all cost.
I am far from a saint. LOL...I have a criminal mind on point 24/7. But I dont act on it anymore. And am trying my very best to change that thought process.
But it is habit so it takes time.
It all in behaviors and thought process in my opinion.
I am sorry you are having a bad year and still are.
But I think alot of people including myself are going through it too.
You are in complete control of your choices. Maybe not the outcome. But effort goes a long way.
I am not tryin to be hard on you. I see you struggling and dont want to see you give up.
I know you can make it. Your a tough mama....You can do this.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

ALOT of my friends are druggies....and dealers and users and that doesnt make them bad or right or what ever, misguide yes, but that isnt for me to judge.......
you know what Katz?

it is up to *you* to judge...you have to judge the people who are good for you and who will help you be the sober person you want to be.

Recovery's about responsibility, having to the courage to know what's right and acting on it, and being honest- to yourself and everyone else...

but you know that.

D
Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

For me in my recovery it was paramount I changed playgrounds and playmates.

I walked away from crystal meth in 1991 after having used it almost daily for 5 years. I knew I could no longer be around any of my old friends. Yes they were friends, yes I grew to love them deeply, but I had to make up my mind, I had to make new ones that did not drink or use. I knew for me, I couldn't be around that stuff anymore....I just don't have the willpower.....it was hard enough when I was pregnant and everyone around me was using in 1988......

I just had to be wise and do what was best for me. I hope you can do what is best for you too, remember this is life and death....

I am pulling for you!

Sheila
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Boy, there is something about this thread lately that makes me want to scream.

Whether it is a drug dealer or a bartender that keeps pouring day after day, year after year, until the poor sot dies, I don't get the "friendship" part.

People who would just view you as a "casualty" after they watched you kill yourself; whether over a period of years or minutes. Friends? Not in my world.

I'm not criticizing anyone here, but I would sooner my kids had Al Qaeda as friends than a hard drug dealer. Not really, because they are about the same thing, I think.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to. Hard drug dealers are serial killers. And they deliver death as if it were a favor...

warrens
Old 03-19-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks Barb I am
Guys I am trying.....so hard
Old 03-19-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thats all we can do Pam..
thinking of you
Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Chiy your the best!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hang in there, hon!!!

Sending you and "the girls" lots of hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Momma had another heart attack at about 1130 last night, she took a call from my bro in MS my sister in law has inoperable cancer it was just too much for her
Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sorry, sweetie....how's mom doing now?

Life seems to be throwing a lot of stuff at you right now, but you know staying clean is your best defense. Snuggle up with the girls, and know I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers (your mom and the rest of the family, too).

Luv ya!

Amy
Old 03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Old 03-21-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just got off the phone with both mom and brother and things seem to be calming down with them losing my mind............Amy time to move up here.......lol