Notices

three good ones now I am going bad

Old 03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

three good ones now I am going bad

I have 3 weeks sober. I have been going to meetings.

I am feeling a lot of self pity (not due to above). I just want to get on with it.
I am tired to dealing with recovery.

Anyone out there who hit 90 days remember how they were at my stage?

Any input would be nice.

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are days even now that I want to just throw in the towel. Not so that I can use, but just in general. I want to blow up and lose my sh*t, not work my program etc. I just come on and read the newcomers threads, go to a meeting and listen.

One minute at a time, one day at a time, sometimes one breath at a time.:atv
Old 03-14-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always say I walked a mile in I have to walk a mile out. It gets better I promise!! Your body and mind needs time to heal...remember that , remind yourself ....you are healing. Ever notice a cut itches during the healing process...same kinda thing...sometimes it will be painful....but worth it!

3 weeks is awesome, you have proved you can do it...don't dwell on the past...walk to the future...one day at a time.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah I had periods like that....you get through them

someone said to me when I was very new here...'you've walked yourself 10 miles into a forest - don't expect to get out in a single leap'...I still think that's good advice..we put a lot of years into drinking, we should expect to do the same in recovery...no easy fixes I'm afraid...

D
Old 03-14-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

Well, four months sober for me on Saturday. Been going to meetings everyday, working the program to the best of my ability & what not. I don't think the recovery thing goes away. The meeting I was at today people were discussing how they were reworking the steps after 5 & 10 years & so forth. I suppose your in either addiction or recovery (perhaps somewhere inbetween), each a cycle that repeats itself.

I guess we just bounce around all over the place till the lights go out.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

the early days of sobriety wasn't pretty

It's hard getting sober. Not having anything to mask the way we feel. That's why so many people go back out again.

I promise, it will get better for you. Life still happens but, you'll be able to live life on life's terms staying sober
Old 03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Sure, we all hit difficult moments. Especially early in recovery. We have to continue to move forward, stopping at times to take a deep breathe, and to remind ourselves why we don't want to drink again. I can't go back to that. Nothing has changed, in fact, I know it gets worse. I found out the hard way and don't want to re-live it ever again. Hang tough!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with above, the early days are the worst. I am even earlier than you but I can relate somewhat.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Standfast,

I am just finishing up day 89 and I keep a daily journal so I can tell you how I felt at around 3 weeks sober. I was having a spiritual re-awakening!

A post I made around that time:
I've always had a spiritual side but I guess I kind of suppressed it or took it for granted. I accept that I can't quit drinking and enjoy my life through sheer willpower alone. I need help and have asked my higher power to keep me safe & strong especially now while I am so early in sobriety & still working towards dealing with my inner demons. 25 days sober, no cravings (despite what should have been very tempting situations), feeling so much better - I don't believe that this happened just through willpower alone!

At the time, I was working on the first 3 steps with my sponsor - so much gratitude & a sort of peace. In retrospect, the key was that I was actively working on my recovery. It wasn't a period of 'is this all sobriety is about?' In the past 89 days, I have had negative periods but I did not even come close to reaching for a bottle. Right now, I am being very careful about complacency and I am increasing my recovery efforts. Gotta keep working at it!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I remember your first post ...have you checked out
your positive progress by looking your earlier sharing?

You are doihng super!