Notices

Cant Sleep

Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drunk who is done with it all

Exclamation Cant Sleep

Day number 2 and i cant sleep, I hate this, I used to get a bottle and drink until i could.........But right now i cant sleep, i cant get a bottle, it will kill me........any suggestions?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi casozone,

You're still in very early withdrawal. Hopefully you're under the care of a doctor - if you aren't, you should seriously consider it. Sleep abnormalities and difficulties are quite common during alcohol withdrawal - I'm only on day 18, and my sleep patterns have only just returned to normal (my version of normal, I'm a night owl). There's no way to predict how long this issue will affect you. My one piece of advice is to rest as much as possible; even if you can't sleep, try to relax and unwind.

Congratulations for steering clear of bottles; passing out isn't the same as sleeping

Take care, rest a lot, read and post a lot

Matt - and dream of sheep
Old 03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Casozone!

I hope you do end up finding yourself going to sleep. Try all the things of when you were little....take a hot shower, drink something warm......RELAX. Count sheep? Try deep breathing.

Hang in there.......lots of support coming your way! You CAN do this!

K
Old 03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It took me about two weeks to start sleeping properly.. I'm sure it differs for each of us.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Drunk who is done with it all

I have not consulted my doctor, what should i tell him, i know he has not dealt with alcoholism in his life, he is a mormon and very young..............should i be taking something? I am about to the point where i want to say f it
Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

casozone, all doctors are trained to treat conditions such as alcoholism, even those who don't drink alcohol. If you trust him it might be a good idea to let him know about your drinking and, in most cases, there should be no need for long winded speeches as he'll be the one asking you the questions. He will also decide if you need any kind of treatment. JME. I just blurted "I'm drinking...again" and answered all the questions my pdoc asked.

Hope this helps

Matt
Old 03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I agree..I told my Dr and he has been one of my biggest supporters. Not to mention he dont let me talk him into unnecessary meds I think I need but really want.
I think I actually helped him as well. Because he told me he wasnt to informed on addiction when I first told him. And now it seems he has brushed up on it alot.
Now theres no fooling him. LOL. And he's not afraid to call me on my BS.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Look you need to come clean with your Dr., Mormon or not, trust me there are plenty of Mormon alcoholics, I can assure you if he is not familiar with what to do he can point you in the right direction.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please see if this helps....

Insomnia? 41 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

You too can recover!