Notices

Relapse...

Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have a friend who has been clean from crack for 2 years. She is really helpful when I need to talk - but sometimes I feel like I'm bothering her and being selfish, she doesn't make me feel that way - it's my own hang up.
I just really want to be succesful this time - I had problems in my life and I failed that test big time! Alcoholism is definately a progressive disease - I am finding that out the hard way.

Thanks all for your support!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JPat View Post
Alcoholism is definately a progressive disease - I am finding that out the hard way.
Yes, it is. Don't give up the fight. Lots of people on here have relapsed and are back again. I'm one of them. Don't beat your self up over it and just try again. Just one day at a time is all you have to do.

Barb
Old 03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are not worthless hon, you are human. Lighten up on yourself.:ghug3
Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For some reason it's easier for us to forgive another than to forgive ourselves for doing the same thing. I guess it's just human nature. I really like 353's list idea too because I also binge and forget what it's like to screw up and why I want to stop. Maybe you can think of this slip as something positive because now you know about the list and that could be what gets you through the tough times instead of alcohol. Hugs and try again tomorrow.