Notices

Important message for SQ

Old 03-10-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Important message for SQ

Serenityqueen PM'd me about a ride to a meeting and I have no way of contacting her. If anyone out there can....have her check her inbox...or something...

Thanks...
Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Yoou could also try sending her an e-mail through her profile.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Profile....ahhh yes thanks best!!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Thank You 353

I don't know how to thank you for the lengths you went through to get ahold of me. I was outside feeding the birds when a newcomer in the Program drove by,she turned around and said she was trying to find my apt. She remembered where I said I lived. I ended up, last minute, going to the 5:30 Meeting with her at another AA Club. I'm so sorry I neglected to let you know I got a ride. God Bless You for the effort you put into trying to get in touch with me.

To everyone who reads this: This is exactly what Recovery is all about. No, I'm not talking about my negligence in contacting 353, the effort HE put into getting in touch with me after I sent him a PM for a ride.We have never met, just send a few PM's back and forth since we live about 20 minutes away from each other. This wonderful person went to many lengths to simply help a relative stranger get to a meeting.Please, for those of you who do drive, if someone needs a ride, help them out. Sometimes this simple gesture can help keep another alcoholic or addict remain clean just for today.

By the Grace of God, I wasn't in a dangerous spot. But there are those people out there who are.The young lady that I ended up seeing drive by my apt. told me after the meeting that she was actually in my neighborhood on her way to the dope boys house. She said when she saw me outside feeding the birds, she felt it was God's way of giving her a message.

She asked me to be her Sponsor and I gladly accepted.

Again, 353, YOU are what makes this Program of Recovery work! Thank You

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today,
Judy