Notices

New to this

Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this

Hi I'm new. I've popped in a few times. I feel like I have a knot in my throat and want to cry. I want to type all this out so I can some back to it often. I'm an alcoholic I have been drinking pretty hard for a couple of years. I've had other substance abuses in the past such as crank for a couple of years and weed for many years. I have not done either of those for at least 10 years. I have 3 daughters. I am only 33. I don't know what happened. I drink heavily at least 4-5 days a week. I can drink a 12 pack a day and lately been having shots with that too. I drink until I blackout, I drive drunk, I have missed work due to hangovers, I have drank at work also. Blah blah blah. I've tried to stop many times did some meetings, did an outpatient thing for a couple of weeks. I don't want to drink anymore. I can't. I have gained so much weight in the past couple of years. My oldest daughter sometimes cries when I go to the store to get beer. I have made a mess in the finances. What gives I hate bing this way. My parents are worried, my children worry and mostly I'm worried. I want this real bad....real bad... I want to be happy and healthy again.
Thanks for listening
Trina
Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Trina,

Welcome. You aren't alone. I was 33 when I first sought help, and I had two daughters. One has since moved in with her father. I understand the alcoholic insanity you are in the grips of. If you are willing, there is help available.
Please continue to read and post here, and share your journey with us.
If you are drinking, please stop.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Trina,

Welcome! After 12 weeks sober I am still fully committed to a life of sobriety. For me, I had to really 'do whatever it takes'. In addition to other things that had kept me sober for a time (journaling, fitness, sober friends, reading recovery related books), I also joined AA, committed to the 12 steps, and joined SR (read & post regularly). It's been working for me. Maybe some of this would work for you?

You can find your way back to health & happiness. Best wishes!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Trina -

Welcome to SR.

I hope you'll read as much as you can stand tonight, and keep posting. You've found a community of fellow alcoholics and adicts who supposrt eqach other in their committment toa life of sobriety.

We stick together. And we don't shoot our wounded.

Have you made a plan?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Originally Posted by tunafish View Post
I drink until I blackout, I drive drunk, I have missed work due to hangovers, I have drank at work also. Blah blah blah.
Trina, you remind me so much of myself. I'm glad that you are here. Hang around awhile/keep reaching out for help. You are not alone in this....just keep trying.....don't give up! :ghug
Old 03-09-2008, 01:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR Trina

Kevin
Old 03-09-2008, 03:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome!