SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thusday Evening NA Meeting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/145521-thusday-evening-na-meeting.html)

nogard 03-07-2008 03:19 PM

Thusday Evening NA Meeting

This is a public service announcement courtesy of Kevin. Everyone is welcome to attend and share their experience, strength, and hope with each other.

I'd like to invite anyone to attend the above mentioned meeting at 5:00 PM New York time on Thursday, 13th March (8am Friday 14th March in Melbourne Australia). If you're challenged by time zones like I am here's an easy converter to use The World Clock - The World Clock - Time Zone Converter Just convert from your location to New York or Melbourne Australia.

See you there lets have some fun in this recovery meeting. Happy to answer all questions.

Kevin

Aysha 03-07-2008 03:20 PM

Thx Kevin...I will be there.
I really like the chat room being used lately.

nogard 03-07-2008 03:22 PM

hey (((chiy))) see you there next week :)

Rowan 03-07-2008 03:30 PM

Thanks for your service work here, Kev!

nogard 03-07-2008 03:31 PM

:) its really the terms and conditions that I find attractive :bounce

Rowan 03-07-2008 03:38 PM

Quiet, you! That's between us!

nogard 03-07-2008 04:33 PM

bump

There will probably be quit a lot of bumps on this thread as I am persistent in my recovery.

Kevin

Aysha 03-07-2008 05:03 PM

How much clean time before one can do SR service work?
6 mos??

nogard 03-07-2008 05:08 PM

I dunno chiy Ro will tell you.

But just quietly between me I had to be interviewed for teh position! I failed of course :D

The terms and conditions are fabbie though :) I get to stay clean doing this and have a good life.

Tell you what if its ok with Ro you could help me. Make the coffee, put out the seats, tell me what to do next ... :)

Kevin

Rowan 03-07-2008 05:48 PM

Hey Trish,

Yes the clean time required is 6 months in order to chair a meeting. You'd be welcome to co-chair with Kev next week if you like, though.

nogard 03-07-2008 05:49 PM

way cool ok with you Trish?

We get the best seats. Don't we?

Kevin

Aysha 03-07-2008 05:50 PM

Well...I dont think I have earned any of that yet. But it is something to work toward.

Rowan 03-07-2008 05:51 PM

Yup - get 6 months clean and you can regularly chair meetings - we would be thrilled to have you do this, Trishy.

Aysha 03-07-2008 05:55 PM

Awww..Thank you. Imagine that..Me chair a meeting. I am going to get all choked up.

nogard 03-07-2008 06:06 PM

pleasure to have you chair with me chiy and enjoy those things coming to you, they are gifts

BB 4th edition pages 83 and 84 or online at Big Book Online Fourth Edition

Big Book Online Fourth Edition

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.

We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.

We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.

No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

That feeling of uselessness and self pity will disappear.

We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.

Self-seeking will slip away.

Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.

Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.

We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

--------------------------------------------

And its true, it works and still it keeps getting better.

Many of us will testify to this.

Kevin

nogard 03-07-2008 06:15 PM

As we say; I came here a hopeless dope fiend and now I am a dopeless hope fiend :D

I would also add to hope faith and a miracle to me trust in my HP myself and others.

ANGELINA243 03-07-2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by nogard (Post 1700384)
I came here a hopeless dope fiend and now I am a dopeless hope fiend

Very cool indeed! :c014: Hope to see everyone next week at the meeting! :ghug

Aysha 03-07-2008 06:28 PM

I have to believe it is a power greater than me. I have seen what happens when I am left in charge.

nogard 03-08-2008 04:17 AM

bumpers

nogard 03-08-2008 03:50 PM

bbbbbump