Notices

Recovery-oriented behaviour?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery-oriented behaviour?

What are you doing to stay sober today?

I'm doing service work, and going to get together for my weekly meeting with other recovering women tonight. I will connect with my sponsor.

Please share with everyone what you will do today to help you to stay sober.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am listening to good music.

I will soon be going out in the snow for a long walk.

I will be reading from "A New Earth", a book which is really helping me on my spiritual journey.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I am, like always, reading and posting on this forum. I love SR, it is my lifeline. I am also trying to get back to work - it's something I have not been able to do much of since beginning my recovery. I work from home, which is a blessing and a curse. Blessing because it allows me to NOT work and browse this forum whenever I want. Curse because I'm around temptation, sometimes bored which is a trigger, and when I don't work, I don't make money.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sharing my experience, strength and hope, wherever it may help someone. Calling people in 12 step recovery. Reading and studying the BB. Trying to work on spiritual issues.
ACTION= basically doing stuff all day, that in my using days I would not do.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will go to work and teach my 150 students to use computers effectively. I will also teach them about life-by example and model.

I will come home and love the gift that is M'lady. Whether or not she in the mood to receive my love.

As I go to bed this evening, I will remind me that I love myself. And I will love myself just a little more for another day of sobriety with all cylinders firing in unison.

This is good y'all. Real good. Please heed these words, those who are struggling with day one, or even with the question of day one. Just three weeks (almost) into this and things are as good as I can ask for, as good as I deserve.

And while I have done the necessary work, those here at SR have provided me with a task list and the encouragement that I needed. I am not alone in this. I am not a freak of nature. Millions struggle. Some, who are enlightened and lucky, are here. God bless 'em all.

warrens
Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

I too am reading my book 'A New Earth' which is really helping me with my recovery. And reading my new book 'A Womens Way Through Twelve Steps'....which my AWESOME sponsor gave to me as a gift. And spending time on SR, reaching out to others.
Other than that, it's another day on the couch as I'm still fighting the flu. But it's super snowy here, so it's a great day to curl up in front of the fire reading!
Wishing everyone a great day.
Tay.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful to be sober while remembering "WHEN".

Each passing day I feel stronger...

Sobriety is a must have:ghug2 in my life...
Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lets see, prayed & meditated this morning, read and posted on SR, will set up a meeting tonight and make coffee, attend that meeting fix dinner and eat dinner with my family, then go to sleep.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for this post Rowan, I love hearing what other people in recovery do one day at a time to stay clean and sober.

I start most days with a prayer, then exercise, and a small pile of meditation books. When I arrive at work I answer emails to friends in recovery, any free time I have during the day is spent on SR. After work I'll pick up my kids and take them with me to my AA meeting, before my Step meeting starts tonight I'll empty the trash and clean the bathrooms, one of a few service commitments that I'm grateful to have. After I hear the speaker tonight my daughter has a softball game I can't wait to watch!

It's a challenge to find a balance between career, relationships, parenting, and recovery, but the benefit is getting the daily gift of a rich and fulfilling life. Daily meetings and being of service are my foundation.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm going to an alanon meeting tonight.

happy day in recovery all! k
Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Thank you for the post Rowan.

Pray.

This morning I am doing step work. My sponsor wants me to put some stuff on paper. I am also going to call a couple of other people to help make up for sleeping in and missing my morning meeting. This afternoon I will be going to a meeting, I'm not sure which one yet but I would like to try a new one just for the fun of it. I will try today to do the next right thing and will be looking for the oportunity to do service work in whatever form that may take.

Pretty standard stuff for me today.

I will most likely be praying inbetween stuff today and then this evening I will pray some more.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Read a few pages of the BB this morning, cooked a meal using 'real' food instead of some processed garbage.
Spoke to an AA friend on the phone and had a nap.
Posted a little bit here on SR.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Read NA Literature, talk to members and a newcomer, go to a meeting tonight and be here.

Kevin
Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I start my day reading Daily reflections, read recovery sites on the computer, read my BB. I'm currently working on step 2. I come on here daily. I go to meetings. I read my AA grapevine after dinner every night.

Barb
Old 03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I worked, then from there picked up the kids from school. Spent a bit of time out with them and bought them a few treats. Helped my boy with his homework, followed by a couple of hours sleep because i had worked since midnight.
The only time in the day that alcohol even crosses my mind is when i am on SR, and long may it stay like that.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Woke up. Prayed. Came to SR. Went to work. Did the best job that I can possibly do. Prayed to myself during the day when some resentments floated in. Tried to connect with a struggling friend. Came home. CAlled my sponsor. Came to SR. Chairing a chat meeting here tonight! After that, will snuggle with my girl, see how she's doing on her Step work, then hit the hay another day sober God willing..
Old 03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

I will go to a meeting @ eight thirty tonite since I missed my regular lunch meeting (did not want to walk in the rain) and I'm reading the The Tao of Pooh for some sprirtuality. I'm registering for classes, seven more credits to graduate and I'm desperate to get it finished. Finishing college will keep me sober. I will also not drink today, thats gonna keep me sober.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not hanging out in the 12 Step Forum

D
Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
not a greeter

@ Dee.

What are you doing to stay sober today?
Living life. Not drinking.

It doesn't get simpler or easier than that.

* it took me a while to figure that out... but really that's the key to being sober.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have prayed...done AA and SR service work

Run errands and enjoyed lunch with my son.

Paid all the March bills ...so grateful I can do
that and still have funds for fun all month!...

Recovery Rocks!