Notices

Newbie Here 24 Hours off Oxy/Percs

Old 03-02-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie Here 24 Hours off Oxy/Percs

Hello everybody. Im new here. At 9 tonight it has been 24 hours since Ive taken an oxy/perc. For the past two years I have been struggling with these pills. The last 12 months have been everyday 12-15 5/325 8-10 10/650 or whatever I could get my hands on. I know its only going to get worse...The next 48-72 hours should be really hard, and Im worried about going into full withdrawal seeing that I have a job interview tomorrow. Hopefully I can get through this. I first tried to get clean back in October and made it 4 days, but like the addict I am felt better and made it through the withdrawals...so what did I do that day? Ate Pills. I cant continue living/dying like . Thanks.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR DV

First off you shoudl see a doctor and also think about a detox or some sort of assisted withdrawal.

Congrats on your 1st day and yeah it could get rough but it is limited and then you get to be drug free and deal with life as it is and that is fabulous

Kevin
Old 03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Good for you getting through Day 1.

Nogard is right about talking to your dr.

I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have thought about Suboxone..but I dont know if I want to be dependent on that. I have done some research online and opiate withdrawal isnt fatal that ive found. I can get suboxone from my friends if I really need it. But I have heard thats even worse to come off than the pills themselves? any thoughts?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

Welcome to this forum, its a rather pleasant place to vibe out.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by reed View Post
Welcome to this forum, its a rather pleasant place to vibe out.
I learn new things here all the. I can vibe out
Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Driving, I strongly urge your not to get any Suboxone especially if you haven't ever taken them. This is pretty dangerous. You don't know how you are going to react to the drug, especially going through withdrawl from the opiates. Isn't self medicating where all the trouble began in the first place?

As far as detoxing alone, it's not a good idea either. Talking to a doc. sounds like the wisest decision you can make right now. There's alot of other dangers than just the withdrawl itself. You could become unsteady on your feet, fall and crack your skull open. I'm not going to lie and say I'm sorry if I scared you, because I want to scare you into making the best possible decision. If you absolutely won't go to a dr., have someone with you 24/7 for the next several days. Let them know what you're going though just in case.

Now, I want to say Congratulations! Everytime I see someone come on here saying they have made it through even an hour without using is another Miracle in the works! You should be very proud of yourself. I first attempted to get Clean & Sober back in 1980, that was before alot of people on here where even born. I used for 32 years, and since around 1978, my drug of choice was any opiate I could get my hands on. So I can say I really can relate to what you are going through. Be proud of yourself. If this ol dope phene can do it, you can too!

This is an awesome place to, as Reed and Nogard said, to vibe out. You are among friends here, real friends who want to help you through this!

God Bless,
Judy

Hope you keep us posted on how you're doing!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Spiritual Being

Driving, this isn't medical advice but it's VERY GOOD ADVICE: By switching from oxy to either methadone or Suboxone you will be switching that monkey on your back for a gorilla. I traded my monkey in three years ago and this gorilla has been kicking my ass ever since. Oxy withdrawals can be a little more intense but they're over with quicker since oxy is a short acting opiate. Since both methadone and Suboxone have VERY long half lifes the withdrawal can last anywhere from 3-12 weeks. I was able to beat the oxy/hydro withdrawals. It sucked royally but was over in a few days. Like an idiot, I got excited about having my tolerance down and started using again.
I'm going through methadone/suboxone withdrawal right this very second and it........you know what it feels like.
This all my opinion mind you.
Whatever you do, good luck.