Notices

stuck in self pity

Old 03-01-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stuck in self pity

i ibeeen on a relapse now for 3 years goin on 4 been isolatinng bad and not completing the phone calls to get to meetings like i need too i got so sick and tired and didnt wanna od end up in hell withh no choice at all so i was really flipping out and dumped my junk
ended up talkin to a guy in recovery and he said go to the tereatment center and i found one they told me to go there for coffe so i went they have some trasitonal beds where i could clean out with soem help without all that hospital crap

i left and havent left my bed since i scored and usin heroin and other drugs got some booze and im knowing what im suposed to do but i cant sseem to do anything my dads been outa town and i got the place he knows im using again i keep sinining and im scared of waht god is gonna do to me im so stuck inn myself that god is giving me all this help
and i cant seem to get from where im at to there and its been too long like this im finding it really impossible to quit and get myself a program

thanks foe reading:praying
Old 03-01-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Hi TJ, is there anybody you can call?

What you're trying to do (recovery/quitting) isn't easy and everybody tries and fails, it's the getting back up and going at it again that's important - loads of people here have been where you are right now, please know that you're not alone...

Have you got a new plan for your recovery?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi TJ68

You say you're on a relapse. What worked during your sober period? Reaching out to SR is a start, is there anyone else you know that might be understanding and give you a hand? Keep posting.

Matt
Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the whole leaders of each country, masses of recoverying addicts and alcoholics, family, friends, can be here telling me the same stuff over aand over and over again and it seems it doesnt make any diference its very sad indeed. new plan? other than clicking my mouse a a zillion times over and wondering how i could have possibly allowed myself to get this stupid and this sick is beyond me
Old 03-02-2008, 12:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

dont stop trying

hi, I am no expert by no strech. The guy that helped me going to meetings is a recovering herion addict. I ran him into and started asking about meetings.

He goes to 2 a day as he is not employed. I have been going to aa for the last week and went 5 out of 7 last days. I was drinking prior, I will go everday for the time bieing. Its only a hour and somehow it helps

I know this is not as physcial addicating as H, but it is everywere.

Keep posting and get to a meeting somehow any way.

I will pray for you tommorrow when I am in church. I will think of you getting there in a way maybe you haven't thought of yet.

To better days...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

One thing that helped me quit and stay quit was coming here - not only reading but helping others with my experience, cos if there's one thing we know about, it's what not to do.
Sometimes it's helpful to help someone else and get out of your own head a while, get a sense of purpose however small, and change things - if only just a little.

Sometimes that small shift makes all the difference - did for me anyway.

I wish you well TJ - keep posting
D
Old 03-02-2008, 03:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes please don't give up, it can be done I know it's hard, if you want it enough people will help you, you're posting here and that's fantastic.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

how can i help someone else w;hen im messed up everywhere in my life?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

TJ68,

You only need to help yourself. Maybe you should tell your Dad that you are having problems, then he could help you.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

it was just a suggestion TJ - worked for me...I was messed up but I knew it...didn't stop me giving good advice to others.

I hope you find something that works for you soon.
D
Old 03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

TJ do something different, Dee had a good idea, it worked for Bill and Bob, they helped others when they first got clean and it still works today.

Call people and get out of bed and out of the house, go to meetings even if your blasted, you only have to have the desire to stop using as in teh 3rd Tradition. Get some NA lit and actually read it, get the Basic Text and 'how it works'. Hang out with members all day long!

As you say, your in self pity, well stop wallowing and get out into the world, don't wait for it to come to you, it won't!

And yep post here, post here a lot.

Kevin
PS My god is a loving caring god and there is no question of not being loved, only question was would I love and forgive myself!

I did and I do.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

dont wanna
Old 03-02-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

fair enough
Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

leasrt i think im honest about it
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Its up to you what you do, your a big person now so if you want to wallow and get blasted thats your choice and nobody can make you do different.

However, if you want to do something about you then ... you already have some suggestions.

Good Luck

Kevin
Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

im gonna just do what i do best cus if i ewas so uch a grown up id be doin recoveruyy right
Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

So your sinning and you feel God is mad but you come here and find people trying to help you.
If we as just plan ordinary people will take the time to help you find answers...How much more will God who is overflowing with love help?
You want help...Ask for it and it shall be given.

So wipe and get off the pitty pot and seek some help.
The help is there...you only need ask for it.
Pick up a phone or get on your knees and you will find help.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey man,I'm online in the nighttime,I have almost eight months sober.Sounds like you are well on your way.Keep on pluggin!!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Originally Posted by TJ68 View Post
im gonna just do what i do best cus if i ewas so uch a grown up id be doin recoveruyy right

1) You came here by accident, or just to see what it's about. You're not abusing any substance.

2) You want to have a laugh at people in recovery.

3) You want to quit using and need some help and support.

I don't think it's number 1, or number 2 - so it's got to be number 3.

We're here for you buddy if you want to quit. As strange as this may sound, we actually want you to succeed and have a great life - without the stigma of addiction.

It's important for your life that you don't ever stop trying to give up - without that you are lost; even if just a tiny part of you would rather not be where you are right now, that's enough to get the ball rolling.

Don't quit trying - wishing you all the best.