Notices

I love my boyfriend - I think

Old 02-25-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

run for your life

Hi, I am no expert. But I was the guy you are talking about. If you ask my ex there was nothing that she said or did that got me to want to change.
That only could have happened on my own. I still dealing with it, but can fight no longer.

Good luck and run now.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
let it grow!

let's be gentle. it's pretty painful.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
nice to meet you, warholian.

have you thought about going to alanon? my daughter is an alchoholic/addict and alanon meetings really help me.

keep posting! and please remember this about your boyfriend's drug use:

you didn't cause it.
you can't cure it.
you cannot control it.

you do have choices about how you allow to affect your life, though.

k
hugs, k
Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

...he's even expressed interest in going to NA meetings, so we will be looking into that...
This is what I'm talking about... The "...yes, yes, but not right now..." stall. As you said, the immediacy factor.

When you snuggled last night, did you pretend he was someone else? Are you still floating and not feeling real? Where's the surrealness level at? ... Talking *about* action isn't action, and us addict types are good at conning those who *want* to believe in us. We're also good at conning ourselves.

Do you know where Richmond street is? There was a meeting there tonight... Do you know where Horton street is? There's a meeting there tomorrow night.

NA Meetings

You have to do what is right for you. I think both of you starting NA meetings together as soon as possible would be a good idea... What I'm trying to say is don't let yourself be lulled. Its a waste of time and you'll be back to that desperation from the other night sooner than you realize.

We're pulling for you, WH.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

So... How did today go, WH?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
cunning. baffling. powerful.

Originally Posted by warholian View Post
I was not gloating about using K, I was expressing the harsh reality of the drug's seriousness.
Of course you weren't.

And I was agreeing with you that Ketamine is a drug of abuse with very serious consequences. For me, pigeon-holing drug-use into special categories actually diverts attention from the fact that it is simply abuse of a chemical that is potentially lethal when used without the benefit of medical supervision. It is easy to lose the message that addiction is a fatal disease when it is mired in unnecessary details. I simply desire to share knowledge.

I should have been even more clear that I was posting in a more general sense and not at you in particular.

And again, thank you for putting up with me.

~SK
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yeahhh

Ohh my goshh i am in the very same situation you are in except my boyfreind is starting back up on marijuana or however you spell it, lol but anyways yeahhh idkk what to do anymore with him like and i have to pick between him and my religion beacuse he is making me sin every time im with him, i stopped smoking weed and he did too but hes on probation and the only way he gets around smoking now is because he found out a way to get around the THC showing up on his tests. i want him to stop but we've been only dating for 2 1/2 months and i doubt he would want to change his whole life around for a girl he knewn almost 3 months. so i think that im going to leave him but the hardest part is that i may be pregnant with his kid and i dont know how to break it to him, but sweetheart if i was you TRUST ME i know how hard it is to unattach yourself to this kid but in the end IT IS GOING TO BE WORTH IT!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

i dono....i am greatful my gf stuck with me, well shes my ex, but she still wants me to recover. if he doesn't want to get better, and it is causing you issues, leave now. I at least made valiant attempts to get better...and am still actively trying...you know
Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I see that you have received several responses and I attempted to read all of them but I can't keep up....

I have to say probably the same thing. YOUR NOT CRAZY OR ALONE... Your post caught my eye because it struck me at home base. "I love my boyfriend I think"...is about how I feel right now myself. For different reasons but I indeed have been where you are EXACTLY!!! with my EX and I did all the same things you did....guess where it got me? I lived in MY home without food and electricity for weeks while I had to pack it all up and go back home. He smoked me right out of my apartment that I worked so hard for. He came to live with me and hid his addiction and by the time he established legal residency there was nothing I could do to get rid of him. Sure the cops dragged him out and he came right back. He cost me everything. I lost my home and my sanity.

Don't let him do this to you!!! I know its hard but it will only get harder.

Please know that your not alone and there are more people out here that know exactly what your going through then you realize. You have to love yourself enough to save yourself...

Your in my thoughts,
HB
Old 04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

....hiltonsfinest
Welcome to SR!