Notices

The Nutritional Side of Addiction

Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spiritual Being

The Nutritional Side of Addiction

As an opiate addict for many years, particularly found of popping pills, I would purposely starve myself so that I'd have an empty stomach for the drugs. That fact aside, I still did an incredibly poor job of eating properly. As I was researching methods for making methadone withdrawal tolerable I came across this doctor that has a lot of experience dealing with opiate addiction recovery and he seems to know even more about methadone addiction recovery. Methadone is basically one of the most evil substances that humans voluntarily put in there bodies. I suppose alcohol abuse (thankfully one substance that I don't enjoy) harms your body as much as any other drug abuse would so this info is probably helpful in that department as well. He has helpful tips for repairing the physical damage that we do to our bodies.
dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm

"You make me sick because I adore you so. I love all the dirty tricks and twisted games you play on me. You'll make us wanna die. I'd cut your name in my heart. We'll destroy this world for you. I know you want me to
feel your pain"