SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today and the weekend (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/144378-today-weekend.html)

nogard 02-21-2008 04:04 AM

Today and the weekend

today its 2 years and 9 months since I used a drug, one day at a time

freedom, choces a spirtual connection and myself at last and growing as I heal.

This weekend is convention weekend in Melbourne., spending time with the woman I met recently and starting a writing course. :)

Victorian Area Convention
"Courage to Change"
22nd - 24th February 2008.
Glen Eira Hall, Cnr Hawthorn & Glen Eira Rd,
Caulfield.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~navic/NAconvention.pdf

never would have believed I could have such joy as I let go of the past and all the old tapes in my head and my spirit.

When I was using I thought you had to get a spiritual life and I tried I went to workshops and paid lots for it, learnt many different ways to meditate .... then went home and got blasted.

I understand now that I alwasy had a spritual connection it was sick as well and is getting better and stronger one day at a time.

Such joy (yes I already said that).

All this time I have been supported and loved and now I can love and support myself and others.

Kevin

Rusty Zipper 02-21-2008 04:08 AM

good for you kevbro!

kev

When I was using I thought you had to get a spiritual life and I tried I went to workshops and paid lots for it, learnt many different ways to meditate .... then went home and got blasted.
yep, it cant be bought, or taught...

it comes from within as we have come to see...

your a good man kev...

love from the other side of the globe!

pat

nogard 02-21-2008 04:13 AM

Thanks Pat, your a good man to and having you around has helped me many times.

reed 02-21-2008 04:42 AM

thats the good word. inspirational to say the least. congrats, and enjoy growing in sobriety.

indigo 02-21-2008 05:44 AM

Congratulations nogard and thank you for sharing that with us.

Dee74 02-21-2008 11:13 AM

have a good (and rewarding) weekend Kev :)

D

Rella927 02-21-2008 11:20 AM

Awesome Kev! Simply awesome!

:hug:

Anna 02-21-2008 12:08 PM

Hey Kev,

Congratulations on 2 years and 9 months!

Thanks for all the inspiration you bring to SR members.

:a194:

nogard 02-21-2008 12:20 PM

parentrecovers 02-21-2008 12:23 PM

really proud of and happy for ya, kev!

yessiree, bob!

:a122:

nogard 02-21-2008 12:25 PM

:hug: K :hug:

Jomey 02-21-2008 12:27 PM

Keep sharing Kevin! SO appreciated. Hope the weekend is great for you!

nogard 02-21-2008 12:29 PM

Thanks (((((((Jomey)))))))))))

gypsytears 02-21-2008 01:14 PM

Very happy for you Kev :). Have a great weekend. You're a truly lovely person and you so deserve it! Sending love and support :a194:.

nogard 02-21-2008 04:19 PM

thanks ((((gt))))

I can go to this years na convention which focuses on the newcomer and actually be present and aware of what is going on around me as I am more in tune with myself and my hp so I can be there for otehrs in a very real way.

I get this life of a daily reprieve by doing the things we do here at SR and by takng my recovery and working it in my life every day as best I can.

If your new or struggling and have doubts about your ability to do this, to get clean then here this, I was at deaths door for many years and was shunned and I hated myself through and through.

The miracle of my recovery is in every day I don't use, every day I don't abuse myself and otehrs, every day I put others in danger, every day that I work the na prgram and connect with my higher power.

I love and am loved the fear has gone, I never feel alone am fit and quite healthy I skip and laugh a lot.

Its right here if you want it. I want it and am willing to remain teachable for the rest of my life one day at a time.

I never understood the word freedom until recently, how good it feels tastes and smells.

Enough from me. Anyway I have tears of joy flowing down my face so better stop before I fuse the keyboard :)

Love Kevin

Aysha 02-21-2008 04:39 PM

TY Kevin. You give hope for ones like me.
It shows me that it is possible and worth it.
Your awesome.
Congrats on that 2 years and 9 mos.

nogard 02-21-2008 05:13 PM

we are awesome chiy, together we do this.

Kevin

warrens 02-21-2008 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by nogard (Post 1682135)
thanks ((((gt))))

I can go to this years na convention which focuses on the newcomer and actually be present and aware of what is going on around me as I am more in tune with myself and my hp so I can be there for otehrs in a very real way.

I get this life of a daily reprieve by doing the things we do here at SR and by takng my recovery and working it in my life every day as best I can.

If your new or struggling and have doubts about your ability to do this, to get clean then here this, I was at deaths door for many years and was shunned and I hated myself through and through.

The miracle of my recovery is in every day I don't use, every day I don't abuse myself and otehrs, every day I put others in danger, every day that I work the na prgram and connect with my higher power.

I love and am loved the fear has gone, I never feel alone am fit and quite healthy I skip and laugh a lot.

Its right here if you want it. I want it and am willing to remain teachable for the rest of my life one day at a time.

I never understood the word freedom until recently, how good it feels tastes and smells.

Enough from me. Anyway I have tears of joy flowing down my face so better stop before I fuse the keyboard :)

Love Kevin

Holy Smoke

Sorry I quoted your whole post, but it deserves to be read again. God, I hope SpaceDementia reads it. This is what it is all about. And proof of the rewards of a mind and spirit applied congruently. Anyone who wonders whether the tears of pain and sorrow are worth it need only read the above.

You made my day, my man. Thank You

warrens

nogard 02-21-2008 07:03 PM

Thanks warrens, good to meet you and you help me by being in recovery and being here.

Kevin

"... without parallel, one addict helping another..."

SpaceDementia 02-21-2008 07:13 PM

nogard, tears of joy are wonderful and I'm happy that the steps worked for you and that you stuck with them. Realize how awesome it is to be where you are. To be able to honestly say that your clean is an amazing feeling when you reflect on the times you might have lied about it(I lied about it constantly) Your post is giving me tears of sadness since I can't even remember the last time I cried in joy. Good luck my man.