Notices

Today and the weekend

Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

SD nor could I. I spent most of my time feeling sorry for myself and using that as an excuse to use more and withdraw more, a vicious cycle.

I broke it when I met other addicts in recovery it took months for me to hear what they where saying, but they loved and carried me until then.

The thing I did right in those very ealry days of recovery was to hang around addicts in recovery with some time clean, I hung around them in cafes, in meetings, phoned them, walked with them, talked to them and of course spent much time here.

It works.

Kevin
Old 02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hey Kevin,

Congratulations on the 2 years, 9 months - incredible accomplishment! Thanks for taking the time to help everyone at SR. I read many of your posts - so helpful. We all benefit so much by having you here. You are truly an inspiration. Enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kevin -- congratulations and THANK YOU!!

you have been SUCH an inspiration for me -- And don't take this wrong, because it's most DEFINATLY a compliment to you... but your PAIN and its results was my first inspiration.

Your post about (was it 'i give up' or 'i quit' ) ...or something along those lines... happened in my first few days.

The outpouring of compassion and understanding and love and support that was posted on that thread for DAYS... was amazing to me!

I really had decided then that you were some sort of g*D on this board --

BUT since those days, I've seen that type of outpouring toward SO many people... Newbies and Trusted, Loved Oldies...

I hope you have an awesome weekend and that you know what an impact you've had on me in my very new2me recovery, as I've read your posts and read about your strength in OTHERS' posts...

Thank you for being here (...or, rather, for being there...) AND FOR ALL YOUR BUS DRIVING IN MY NEWBIE DAYS!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree with my neighbor Kevin, You have taught me how to strive......... My hat is off to you sir your truly an inspiration!

Hugs and Prayers,
Pamm and Da Gurlz

P.S.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Pam and theonly, all I can say is that this awesome life I have is a gift and I maintain this with others who have struggled or are struggling from the bondage of drugs into the light of life.

And theonly I remember teh thread you mention well, basically I stopped working the program and was living in the problem not the solution for a few days and was already mad. The outpouring surprised me too and helped me to stop thrashing around and get my recovery car back into gear.

Thanks for your kind words.

Kevin