:rof

yeppers ... that's me - barb dwyer - human quaalude
i had to look up quaalude, are you going by definition 1 or 2

Urban Dictionary: quaalude

ok thats it now , bed time
Old 02-22-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hey StayinAlive! You absolutely made my day! Especially when you apply it to Barb's post (I'm sure she didn't mean definition #2)!

"Quaalude", Definition # 1 & #2 (Urban Dictionary):

1. quaalude

A pill/capsule that is a CNS Depressant (Central Nervous System) with similar properities to barbiturates, and similar addictive and withdrawal properities. It was quickly pulled from the markets in the USA as a result of wide-spread abuse, although it did enjoy a number of years as a near top-selling sedative/hypnotic before being made Schedule I and thus banned in the USA. Worldwide it is a Schedule II controlled substance under international law and thus available by prescription in most nations...

Quaalude is a brand-name for methaqualone (C16 H14 N2 O)... In other words, Methaqualone is a downer, a depressant, similar to barbiturates in most every way, although probably more addictive.

2. quaalude

panty droppers

In the 70's 'ludes were also known as panty droppers, makes chicks horny as hell and guys can go all nite. A great drug that should be legal for recreational use. Like a six-pack in a pill. Similar buzz to alcohol but not a depressive and alot more fun.

Sorry about the adult content. Just too funny!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I have a suggestion as an alternative to an excessive amount of time on the pc. Try going to AA/NA meetings a few times a week.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Stayin, I know exactly what you mean in your first post. It sounds just like me sometimes...it is kind of an uncomfortable feeling like Barb D. says.

I guess we have to try and break the habit...somehow. LOL
Old 02-22-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Add me to the list, Stayin, I'm exactly the same way - but I tend to go too far being self-conscious and inhibited by what others might think of me. I need to lose that!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
I have a suggestion as an alternative to an excessive amount of time on the pc. Try going to AA/NA meetings a few times a week.

true, i only go to one a week
Old 02-22-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You can't go wrong with SR and meetings and continuing to receive the message of recovery. Continue to absorb it up!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Add me to the list, Stayin, I'm exactly the same way - but I tend to go too far being self-conscious and inhibited by what others might think of me. I need to lose that!
my insecurities have caused me to be a people pleaser, always important that people think i am a nice guy, a placater in general, i have grown out of this in person to a large degree. But on line what you say is in print for ever and what you post does not include body language and facial expressions. And this brings back those insecurities, but i like the suggestions of others on this matter.

I always thought i was humble to a fault but i wonder if these insecurities stem from pride...... there i go thinking too much again lol, but i am really on a self awareness kick these days.

Well, i am turning off the dam computer now, i actually have plans tonight, weeee i have a life

feel free to blow this thread wide open peeps, talk about what ever you want

I'm outa here