Notices

Sober 3 months & under Part 2

Old 04-13-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Wow! It's good to see the newcomers help to put a little life in this thread. Thanks!

Conez:
Wow, sorry to hear about your day. Glad to see you have a good support system, and that you kept sober. Way to go!

Gravity: My thrift store finds: A couple of books (a Steven King/Bachman book "Blaze" and a book of Shakespear plays), a cool retro hipster shirt, and a brand new pair of Timberland shoes..all for $10.

Barb: I understand about the less posting, I'm doing it less too, not by choice. In the part of recovery where we need to go out and do things and have a life is starting to kick in for me and really starting to fill up my time. Leaving me less time for here. Just check in when you can, and I'll do the same.

Least:
Keep it up, Girl. You're doing GREAT!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Joining the throng!

Hi All!

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I posted on the newcomers forum a few days ago. I have to say, once again, that this forum has helped me immeasurably. I am on it several times a day and always sign off inspired and empowered. Thank you all for being there for me. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

SF69 - your book list sounds like mine!

It's so great to see how everyone is hanging in there.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hi
day16 and feeling really low... realising how strong these emotional triggers are, 'spose thats what kept me drinking all these yrs.
my headache is still there from saturday night. my mood is ugly... urging the worst craving for a drink. highly emotional (sad mostly) but yet very apathetic.

i don't understand why i have this growin urge to run down the bottlo, when my better thinking is to stay sober n go to a meeting tonight. i feel trapped in self resentment.
even tho i'd resent myself even more for picking up a drink... that isn't valid.
i'm looking at that drink thinking its my short-term saviour for my sadness/despair (even tho nothing good will come of it). my sheild and blanket to protect me from this growing realisation that i'm a total F**k up.... i hate the can of worms my sobriety has unleashed and unbearable weight of it paralizing me. i hate myself...whoever the f**k that is.
for today i stay sober but i want my blanket to comfort me.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

i made it through the weekend, despite my partner sitting so close to me drinking red wine last night i could SMELL IT:@
Day 17 and the longest ive been sober in 4 years
Staying strong and determained, and starting to let family/close friends know that i've quit, not that any of them seem particularly interested, i guess i must have hid the extent of my drinking quite well, im getting mixed responses, my sister was mortified saying *what? youre not going to drink EVER?* as if id lost my mind, if only she knew thats exactly what im trying to AVOID.
Other people seem quite uniterested, but then alcohol isnt an issue in their lives, and it is in mine- so i cant expect them to grasp what im saying either.
Im so glad everyone else is doing so well, im still finding this forum such a help and inspiration to me.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day 16 for me!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Day 16 for me!!!
Me too!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

It's nice to see those of you who were the 2 weeks and under thread make it here. I have been reading you posts and pulling for you. Hang in there and keep doing what has been working for you so far.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Congrats to the 'sweet 16s', Least and Last Call!

Ananada: I have quite varied taste in reading. Though, I consider myself a classics snob, Steven King's books are a guilty pleasure of mine.

I have to admit early on I was very skeptical about this whole HP thing. But last night in my prayers, I asked Him for help/guidance regarding my finances this month (a bit tight on cash until my next payday at the beginning of May). And wouldn't you know it, this afternoon, the owner of this pizza shop I used to deliver for part time, called and asked if I'd would fill in tomorrow. Thanks Big Guy!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

17 days sober today!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

18 days today!!!!:bounce
Old 04-16-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Way to go Least!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

18 days today! Seemed to go very quickly this time around.

Some cravings yesterday to get a bottle and some cigarettes, oddly enough after a bike ride. I can't imagine anything more contradictory to trying to get in shape than getting a bottle and some smokes after exercise. Madness! So I grabbed the dog and one of the kids and went for a walk instead.

After 4 consecutive days making meetings last week I have skipped a few days, hopefully I can work one in today.

I hope everyone is doing well.

LC
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

A lot of new faces here, this place is just so amazing.

So yesterday was my day 90, and I'm very happy to be able to say that. But, in the big picture, it is just a slice of the rest of my sober life, so I try not to make a big deal about it. I guess when my time comes, and I've been sober up to that point, I'll be able to finally say I did it. Until then, it's just one milestone at a time.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:44 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 19 for me, but I don't feel happy or victorious, just confused and depressed. Just woke up out of a very frustrating dream where by my inattentiveness and carelessness I lost something I'd been wanting and looking for. Woke up agitated and nervous and depressed.

I'm lost here. I've stopped drinking for the longest time period in the last year, and instead of feeling happy and proud of my accomplishment I feel depressed and empty. :wtf2
Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Hang in there, Least. People keep telling me that early sobriety is a roller coaster, I'm starting to understand what they meant!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

C2H5OH Free: Congrats on the 90 days! Great job. And as long as I don't screw up the 'One Day at a Time' in the next 24 hours, I'll be joining you in the 90 day club.

Least: I'd like to say that part get easier in time, but I woke up kinda like that too. Had another drinking dream. But the relief I felt when I realized it was just a dream, felt pretty good.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Twenty days sober today!! Woo hoo! Never thought I'd get this far. And adding up the days is helping to KEEP me sober cause I don't want to ruin my sober time and have to start all over. The longer I'm sober the more I want to STAY sober.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Way to go everyone!

Least, tomorrow is three weeks! Nine weeks for me. Lots happens during that interval. Most of it good. Oh, I have my moments, but they are more like mosquitoes than monsters.

You have shown great courage. Up, down, up, up. You are a great inspiration to all. When you get down, write a newbie. Take that energy that panic produces and use it to guide someone worse off than you. As you write, you will find that you are actually guiding yourself through the minefield. Adopt a couple of scared young ones. It will do you a world of good. You will go to bed thinking of THEM and not yourself. Like I think of you. And others. That is true synergy. We create more energy than we put in. Remarkable, isn't it?

warren
Old 04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Happy Friday everyone! Day 90 for me, woooo! But I'll probably stick around here until I get booted.

Hope you all have a great weekend!