Notices

Wasnt even going to mention it.....

Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Chy -- that's a lot of 24's on your string! Congrats and keep pulling... we're coming along right behind you! Thanks for leading the way!

Hugs and thanks for being here! ~C
Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats Chiy, this time you can battle through it.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by 29a View Post
Stay in the moment, you don't have to stay sober forever, just for today. You can do anything for 24 hours.
A little trick I picked up in a meeting, and it sounds stupid until you try it, is whenever you find yourself dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, in your mind just think about what your doing right then. Like "i am sitting in my chair, I am typing on my keyboard, i am sitting at my desk". I swear it sounds stupid, but it works.
Another thing, when your down about your job, or lack of car, what it really is is a lack of gratitude. Try making a gratitude list.
When I make one, I write down the letters A-Z on a piece of paper, then write down one thing down that your greatful for that starts with each letter of the alphabet.
silly little tricks but hey, whatever gets you though the day.

And congrats, 60 days if frickin amazing
what a blessing
It's funny. Because after I got home last night and relaxed some. I got to thinking. What the hell do I have to complain about?
I let my spoiledness come through yesterday because I was having the worst day in a long time. Anything that could go wrong did. Started off busting my butt on the ice coming to work. And it was just a big ol mess from then on. Also I felt like total crap.
But I did. I thought why am I complaining about the most petty things today?
I should be glad I am able to work. I should very grateful I get a ride there and home everyday too. Because I thought I would be walking all the time. I need to be grateful I have another chance to be crying over nothing. Some people I know didnt make it back to try and get it right.
My family..a home..just everything in my life I am so blessed and I am ashamed I felt like a spoiled little brat yesterday.
And I am thankful for 60 days. I thought I wouldnt even have one there for a long time.
I feel alot better today and glad I even opened my eyes and love everything I can see , hear, smell and touch and taste today.
Thanks again. You guys never let me down.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Oh and really...What is a bad day here and there compared to the great ones I have most of the time sober?
One bad day is nothing compared to how my life has been for years until now.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

(((chiy)))

Congrats!! I'm proud of you.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

you work a good program, you'll lose track of how many days you have and, just be thankful for another day!!

grats on 60 days, may they continue to mount
Old 02-18-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you Chiy! I know you can continue forward! Your recovery is shining, you have grown so much. I get lots of inspiration from your posts. We are blessed to have you here among us!

Love ya!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You are doing awesome...
60 days are fantastic!

The story about your job reminded me of an email that I got recently from one of the girls at work...

When you have a, 'I Hate My Job' day, do this :......
On your way home from work, stop at your chemists and go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Make absolutely sure you get this brand.
When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair. Open the package and remove the thermometer. Carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken.
Now the fun part begins.
Take out the literature from the box and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement which says : .....
'Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested and then sanitized.'
Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, 'I am so glad I do not work in the thermometer quality control department at Johnson & Johnson.'
HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE *** THAN YOURS!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
believer

Trish, you know i love ya...

you're part of my life. Stay blessed