Notices

(AA) Weather vs. Fellowship

Old 02-17-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Smile (AA) Weather vs. Fellowship

(If I'm using the term "fellowship" wrongly, or if this should be in a different forum, I apologize.)

I had a really neat experience today. Madison is currently experiencing one of the worst weather systems of the season, complete with snow, sleet, and an inch of ice accumulation. Buses aren't running, churches services were canceled, even the big malls didn't open today. Every TV station, every radio station, every sane person out there has been saying "unless it's an EMERGENCY, don't go outside!" Well, the 11AM Sunday meeting is my favorite, so I foolishly made the drive across town to the clubhouse. The meeting is usually packed, 30+ people, so I figured at least three or four other people would make it out today. There were over twenty of us. Those of us who got there early watched the Weather Channel over our coffee, then the meeting went on like it was any other day. Fantastic meeting, et cetera. Afterwards, I went out to discover that my car was good and stuck. I went back into the clubhouse to ask where I could find some sand... And came out without sand, but with 7-10 people following at my heels despite my protests. They all but lifted my car free of the ice. I felt bad, all I could do was shout my thanks as I rolled off, but god damn. I'm bringing a big ol' box of doughnuts to tomorrow's meeting.

The meeting's topic, I should note, was the selfish nature of alcoholics.

Just thought that was cool.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's very cool, Tellus

D
Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very very cool. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome. Thanks fo sharing that with us.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's wonderful to see you growing in the fellowship, Telly. That's what it's all about
Old 02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

The fellowship is so wonderful, thanks (((((tellus))))) for that story reminding me and putting me right back in teh middle of the program
Old 02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool nay nay nay nay nay.... (o:

Absolutely, that's the fellowship....and ain't it grand!! I'm glad you had this great experience......but

I thought I'd raz u jes a tad....With the exception of the early morning chill (low 60's), and the evening cooling down (65'ish now), today was a great early spring day.....mid 70's......whooooo hooooo, don't I just love Houston weather....yup yup yup....... (o: ....Now don't be gettin' no resentment now...... lol

NoelleR
Old 02-17-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

thought I'd raz u jes a tad....With the exception of the early morning chill (low 60's), and the evening cooling down (65'ish now), today was a great early spring day.....mid 70's......whooooo hooooo, don't I just love Houston weather....yup yup yup....... (o: ....Now don't be gettin' no resentment now...... lol
lol well its still summer here and today will be about 85F
Old 02-17-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Gives a whole new meaning to

it's a WE program
Thanks for sharing