Notices

Hiya - New to the forum...

Old 02-09-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you posted, Boo! ((((Welcome))))

Just wanted to mention something about drinking and sleep. You posted that you've begun addressing the insomnia with alcohol.

It's deceptive, actually. It's helped me to fall asleep -- err... or pass out on occasion -- but I almost invariably end up find mysef sleeping fitfully or lying awake hours later, staring at the ceiling in frustration.

I learned, on the few occasions that I could make it a few weeks sober, that I'd actually begin sleeping WELL.

I'm still in that beginning stage -- day 4 -- so I'm lying awake nights. I'm aware now however that -- for me -- being tired's one of my triggers and that time will make the difference. I can't imagine having my days and nights flipflopped like your job requires, though, Boo. All I can say is keep posting and I'm in your corner.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey, I just wanted to say many thanks to all who have responded. The encouragement and support are overwhelming.

Carol, I suspect I'll be hovering around through the wee hours of the night too...!

NewLeaf, thanks for the heads up... That's one thing that kind of excites me... Normalcy! What will happen when my body returns to normalcy. Self regulation instead of chemical regulation...

Barb, I've didn't make it up for Evel. But I love how he got his name...! Awful Knaful and Evel Knievel...!

Many thanks all....