Notices

13 Days.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

13 Days.

Today is day 13. And I'm feeling really positive and happy. I am looking forward to starting recovery. I dug out my big book and am re-reading it.
I have been focusing on step one today as I have a party to go to tonight. Thankfully this party is with a group of friends that are not heavy drinkers. Everyone is going tubing and then getting together for chili and hot-chocolate. My husband and I are skipping the tubing as we have a new baby, but we will be going for a bowl of chili. There will be a few people having a drink, but my husband has assured me he will stick to the hot-chocolate. We've already discussed if I feel the 'urge' that we will leave right away. We only plan to stay for an hour anyways.....everyone wants to see the baby.
Anyways...I'm feeling pretty confident that I should be ok, I'm constantly reminding myself the first part of step one.....I AM POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOL......so I cannot even have one sip.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Congrats on day 13 Tay! 8
13 is my lucky number.

I read your blog posts btw ..... they're good.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

sounds like a good time. i really like snow tubing and chili. if you get nervous say the serenity prayer. it usually works for me. you have a little baby now thats a really good reason to be a happy sober person. i do wish you a fun sober evening.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congrats on 13 tay! It really does work one day at a time.

In Phoenix we go tubing on the Salt River when the weather is much warmer. I thought at first you were tubing on some seriously cold water! Duh for me! Lol
Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Tay-Lyn....good for you

Hey- 13 days is great! Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post...you've really helped me. I've found that communication with my wife ( and others) is essential to me staying sober...I ALWAYS tried to stay sober silently, in the shadows...Thats how I drank and drugged too. Both places are lonely and depressing. Keep talking about your feelings...make practical "escape plans" like you did tonight...eat right...sleep...you know what you need. I would like nothing better than to post on your day 30...stay safe...we can do this
Rob
Old 02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Thanks Rob; I've been following your posts and am very happy for your achievement and look forward to my day 30 as well.

I made it through the party. We stayed only an hour and a half, it was late to have the baby out. I was very fortunate tonight in that there wasn't one drop of alcohol at the party.

Well, my hubby and I are going to watch the Nanny Diaries and go to bed....can't wait to wake up sober again!

Tay.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your doing really well.

Really , really well.

Keep up the good work.

hugs!!!!!