Notices

Did my income taxes today, EARLY and SOBER!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Alcoholic/Addict

Did my income taxes today, EARLY and SOBER!

There are very few things I hate more in the world than doing my annual income tax returns. I usually wait until the last minute even if I have a refund coming. Then, before I start, I drink until I can hardly see the keyboard, and put my blind trust in TurboTax. I have *never* filed a tax return while sober and I've been doing them for over 35 years.

Tonight, I sat down, opened and installed TurboTax, got all my paperwork together and was completely filed in under three hours. I will be getting a refund and I won't spend a dime of it on beer when I do!

Try it, you'll like it
Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did the same thing in the past too. How funny.

Since I bought my house, I got an accountant. I just don't trust TurboTax to get all my refund.

Anyhoo, yes, I gathered up all my stuff and went to see him yeasterday. All sober. A first for me too.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It certainly is different, isn't it!?! But, even after I quit drinking, and had given up smoking, I would get stressed out, and have to light up to concentrate! At least, I didn't pick up a drink.

One time, just for the heck of it...I went down to the post office and filed just before midnight with all the crazies...and, I was sober!!!