Notices

Coping with cravings

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
believer

Just want to add that i'm proud that each and everyone of us holds on to the most important thing, who we are as people, and how important that is in our lives. Recovery is truly that to me, finding that our own spirit is worth by itself a lifetime.

thanks Rowan
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

I know what you mean Rowan, it was more of a mental craving???

I just had an actual physical craving that started about a half hour ago. It felt as though I could physically taste red wine on my lips. Made my mouth water.

BUT I am thinking it through.......it is so simple, there is no 'one drink' for me. If I choose to have one glass of wine, I WILL end up drunk, in a black out and passed out.

But then again, it is early on for me, so the reminder of the effects of the drink is fresh, not sure how I'll handle the cravings later on down the road, both physical and mental, but I don't have to worry about that right now.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

Stay busy. Catch up on the life you been missing out on because of drinking/drugging. If your lifes full you wont be worried about finding something to fill it with.
When I was new a friend of mine gave me a book called living sober. It's an AA book that would be useful regardless of whether or not you are using a 12 step program. It's basically a book of things to do instead of drinking or things to do when you are wanting a drink. it was really useful.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree that Living Sober is a great book.