Notices

day 3 off oxy's

Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3 off oxy's

Today is day 3 clean from oxy's. I've been trying to stop for months now with my wife. I am going to do it this time. I'm sooooo tired of the withdrawals.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Alcoholic/Addict

Congrats OCBGone!

I know how bad that withdrawal can be for a few days. Check out the Substance Abuse Forum a bit further down the main forum page too.

Keep going!

Last edited by Goodnfast; 01-31-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Ocbegone. I feel ya. I am on Day 5. Maybe we could help each other out. It is good to have someone to talk to.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tommy, are you detoxing from oxy's too? Is it getting better yet at day 5? I dont know how much more i could take of this.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HI, I am new here to the forum.I am ok.I was on pain meds for ten years,my dr. was indicted from dea.I was given subutex for withdrawel.I took the for about 2 days and stopped.I have not taken any thing else since.Unfortunatly i still am waiting for my back surgery.What im trying to say is you can get better,you just have to want to.Thanks for your time
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I used and seriously abused pain pills, including oxy's for over 20 years. Yes, those first days are a *+$^@ but it does get better. We aren't supposed to give medical advice here but from experience I can say that a good vitamin, lots and lots of fluids, a balanced diet, some exercise, even just walking the floors to get rid on the leg cramps can help. These are just a few suggestions but the most important thing to remember, don't give in to the temptation. Living a Clean & Sober life is much better than I could have ever imagined when I was early in my Recovery in July of 2005. God Bless and hang in there. It is sooooo worth it!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
a product of ur own inviroment

yes it is, ive been an addict for yrs and yrs and mostly on opiates...man oh man did oxy withdrawl suck, but its so worth it in the end....F that drug and its maker!!!