Notices

New to the Community

Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool New to the Community

I am new to this sober recovery online type of deal. I guess I really never cared before if things like this even exsisted. I have been strung out on opiates for five years, and I am only 22. My older brother was killed in a car accident two days after I turned 18 that involved oxy contin and cocaine, let's just say after that recreational use became a lifestyle for me. I have lost friends, jobs, and myself over the past five years. I have spent an outrageous ammount of money and tried recovery in rehab once and went to a Methadone clinic for a year when I was 19. What changed? At the very beginning of november I hit rock bottom, which really wasn't anything new for me, however this time I actually got scared for once. I had accepted that I was a drug addict and kind of figured I would die that way. But this time, where my parents had always bailed me out, I really didn't think that they would. November was difficult, but things are looking way up these days. 90 days completely clean for me is a huge deal. I haven't been completely sober from all drugs since I was 14. Now I can pass a drug test for everything including marijuana. It is a truly incredible feeling. However, I have a lot of bridges that I burned and loved ones of whom I lost their trust. But most of all I just want to prove to myself that I can do this.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, Welcome and that's a great post!

I'm glad you found us.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Thank you for the great post.

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Welcome to SR!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Way to go on 90 days that is a major accomplishment. I don't have experience with your drug of choice but I'm sure there are others here that do. There is a substance abuse forum here you may find more people there that can relate to your situation. Good to see you here.