Notices

crossed oceans of time to reach this point

Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

crossed oceans of time to reach this point

hey all, a little birdy told me i should post a thread about myself. so here it goes. i have highgantic problems. i am so good at hiding myself from anyone and anything that will hurt my loved ones and friends. i have been binge drinking since, well forever, over twenty yrs. i can go a few days without, but havent tried to really really quit. talk about it alot, but havent ever done it. i have one son that is 19, he is bipolar and i have been wrapped up pretty tight in helping him through these turb. yrs of his life. it is really wearing thin on my soul. my husband is a workaholic and travels out of the country every two weeks for work. ive always done the heavy parenting though, even when he didnt travel so much.

this is only a smig of me, but there it is....a smig

patti
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

patti-first of all-welcome

i joined this place 4 days ago now-and i've gone from binge drinking most days and filling in the days between with just getting drunk-to not even wanting a drink anymore-the help i found here is priceless-theres always someone on hand to offer help or advice-just keep posting and in no time you'll feel a lot better about yourself-which in my opinion, is half the battle-you've done the most important thing and got yourself here-the rest is as easy as just talking and listening to others-theres people sober for 10+ years and people like me, and you who have only just started.

good luck and hope to see you on here as often as you think you want to be.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi patti and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

My husband travelled a lot when my kids were teenagers too. It was really hard being the 'bad guy' all the time and having him come home and being greeted as 'the conquering hero'. LOL.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Welcome Patti..I'm glad you joined us.

I know there are times when you must feel very tired and disenchanted with life's turns and why life happens the way it does. The fact you came here today is a big sign of change for you. You are taking care of you and you are choosing and believing that in the middle of that turbulence there's a rope of hope you can hold on to. That hope is the freedom of your spirit living according to liberation from strains and pain.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you everyone for the supportive words.

there is a lot of time in a day, i dont want to drink til the evening. the whole, its five, time for wine thing. i have had many hard days over the years. hangovers are the worst. a few were i thought i was going to die. i felt like my heart was going to explode. i have been so sick and tired of being sick and tired...
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pattismith View Post
thank you everyone for the supportive words.

there is a lot of time in a day, i dont want to drink til the evening. the whole, its five, time for wine thing. i have had many hard days over the years. hangovers are the worst. a few were i thought i was going to die. i felt like my heart was going to explode. i have been so sick and tired of being sick and tired...
Hello,

Welcome to SR...

You no longer have to be sick and tired...Recovery is possible..:ghug

Keep posting...s
Old 01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well my household has never been very normal. tyler(son) was diagnosed with adhd at 5, bi polar manafested at 16. he is abusive of me, more so than his father. and as for the dadeo being the conquering hero thing? uh, that doesnt happen here.... smiles**

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi patti and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

My husband travelled a lot when my kids were teenagers too. It was really hard being the 'bad guy' all the time and having him come home and being greeted as 'the conquering hero'. LOL.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i like how you word things, as if u know me to my inner core. if there is one thing i can do right now, i just want it to be living to be the "true me"

Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Welcome Patti..I'm glad you joined us.

I know there are times when you must feel very tired and disenchanted with life's turns and why life happens the way it does. The fact you came here today is a big sign of change for you. You are taking care of you and you are choosing and believing that in the middle of that turbulence there's a rope of hope you can hold on to. That hope is the freedom of your spirit living according to liberation from strains and pain.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Hi pattismith, love your music

You're in the right place, I am Day 44 without a drink, and feeling a whole lot better than I did 6 weeks ago. My fiance left me 7 weeks ago, I almost lost my job, and now I am starting to regain my self-respect, look at my life from a differnt angle, and enjoy it!

You can do this, I started drinking 18 years ago and this is the longest I've been without a drink since then. keep posting, let us know how you're feeling, because chances are someone else feels or has felt exactly the same way.

There's more in store for us than life at the bottom of a bottle.

ndz
Old 01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey ndz, congrats on 44 days! i want that! thanks for the words of wisdom. i am sitting here with sweaty palms and not a drop of booze in the house and i want to keep it that way.

as for my music....your funny.... gotta love her music its true. but its my name too! ha