Notices

Mom In Huge Trouble

Old 01-27-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom In Huge Trouble

I am 46 yrs old and have been receiving methadone/methadose from my docter, of course, for the past 3 years as a method of relieving my symptoms relating to fybromiagia. In these 3 yrs I have lost 4 teeth, (2 of which are front teeth), lost hair on all different places of my body, my finger and toenails have completely stopped growing. I am detoxing off it and I feel like I'm dying ,as here in S.C.,if you don't have the correct insurance you just can sit and die. I just moved here from Arizona and could not get my medication here so I just have to go without. My real point is that I was a thriving life coach just before being proscribed methadose pills then methadone pills(50mg daily) and have been bed ridden mostly and totally for the last year. No one told me it would do big time damage to my bones,hair,teeth,nails,mind and (oh my god,so many other things the list will tire me out). I want to know how many other people are and have experienced what I have due to this drug. I fully intend to instigate a class action suit against, at least, the pharmaceutical companies that promote this drug that has cost me,and I'm sure others, so much. And no it's not the fybro. I've had that for 28 years and found some way to be an asset to my community and raise my children. I am a single mother of a 13 yr old and a 16 yr old. (both girls) They need me now more than ever and I can barely take myself to the bathroom. Please contact me and tell me what you have heard about all of this from others or have expierenced yourself.

Last edited by faerieroze; 01-27-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Hi..I just want to welcome you. This site is a great place for info and support.

More people will come to welcome you.

I am sorry for the situation you're going through right now. But one of the things i've learned with all the people here in the forum is that there's always a light. And in your life there has to be a way where things will get on track...And they will...

I've dealt with side effects and i've got to the point of being afraid of starting new medication. But eventually i realized the first thing that i have to have in my mind is a sense of positivity. I know just a little about fybromialgia. But in my case of coming out of depression i've worked a solution with the doctors of staying the least time on meds, much because of few that work well and to get back to a natural source to my body. Today my vision of recovery is a life change in life itself. And in the midst of all the obstacles i feel blessed and grateful. I also believe with all i got that the first step is to slowly attract good things, with a positive mind...

hug, Karim
Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Welcome to SR, faerieroze. There are many, many people here who can help you start to work through some of these issues, and opiates (prescribed by doctors) in particular.

have a look around, there are lots of people in the substance abuse forum that may know more about what you're going through.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/

I was a heroin addict as a younger man, and I gave up cold turkey, so my situation is a bit different to yours, but I was still in a very similar hell.

You're in the right place, keep reading, and arm yourself with knowledge - maybe go to a different Dr, or a series of different Drs, and consider weaning yourself off the meds, or going to detox and going cold turkey?

I would also consider going to a naturopath - and getting your diet up to scratch, getting some supplements (sounds like you're malnourished) and working out how to improve your overall health.

All this is only my personal opinion, I am not a trained physicist or counsellor, these are just things I would consider.

Good luck, and all the best!

ndz
Old 01-27-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They have had me on it for years for the same thing, some of the losses I can tall you about the drug are far worse than you know........just please you do need help to come off of this med especially for the fybro.......I was 3 weeks pregnant and I quit it cold turkey and I tell you what it has been the best 231 days of my life I quit it all in one full swoop and I wish sometimes I had died, then I remeber my HP has a pourpose for me.....good luck in your struggle and btw they do let you know all you have to do is read all of the lit on meth products...........but again good luck

Hugs and Prayers,
Pamm