Notices

Hi. I'm new here.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Ferrette, I'd encourage you to check out one or two AA meetings, even if you're fairly sure you won't like them. I'm an atheist, went in thinking I'd hate AA, but so far I've really gotten a lot out of it. If AA isn't for you, have you looked into SMART meetings in Milwaukee? We've got two in Madison, so I can't imagine there aren't some there.

(And Re: the higher power thing... I use the support community as my higher power. A guy who spoke at our treatment center told us about a friend of his who used a cat for a higher power for a while. She said to the cat "If you don't drink today, then neither will I." And that worked for her! So don't let the HP thing scare you off. )
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Welcome Patti, you're right - this is a great place to start, loads of encouragement here!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i love the doggie pictures too! soon as i figure out how to shrink mine, ill post them! gotta love pets. they hold you when you cry... unconditional love!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by pattismith View Post
gotta love pets. they hold you when you cry... unconditional love!
I agree! I've always had pets. Cats, ferrets, and now dogs. I have a 9 month old English Setter ("Hunter") and a 9 year old retired racing greyhound ("Jackie").

I take Hunter running with me - he's just so wild- I have to burn some of that energy!

Well, I am happy to say that I achieved my goals for the day. Hunter and I ran 3.5 miles, the bills are paid, and I'm still sober. Maybe I should try to get more done tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

power to you diane with the running! sounds like hunter is a handful. i have four dogs, one lab mix, one cute brown mutt and two doxie's. and a cat...lol

ive gotten my my goals almost done, still have to get on that bike this afternoon and stay sober!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober