Notices

Going downhill...HELP!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Going downhill...HELP!

Well i am comming here because i need advise....well i am 21 and have 2 boys ages 4 and 2. I am a single mom and work full time i live in a place for single moms that gives u your own house daycare and u work 4 them and when u are ready you can go to school i came here because the boys dad and i split up because of abuse and drugs we drank and smoked weed every day and eventually we started smoking ice well he went to jail and when he got home i had been going to our friend smokeing dope but everyone around me shot it up eventually i shot up and left w/ a truck driver for 2 weeks on a binge and left the kids w/ there dad. one day i looked at myself in the morror and didnt even know who it was so i called my mom and sayed help i want my boys so she got me and to make a long story short i got the boys and came the the place i am at now. I stayed sobor for 6 month before i started taking codine and adderal on the weekends. i got a presription now for adderall and for the past 6 months have been abusing them taking 5 or 6 a day and for the past 4 months i have been stealing my friends sons adderal by opening it up and eating the bead and putting it back i also do it w/ another friend prescription so i take about 50 a month i also take codine or n e thing i can get i somehow always get stuff. i feel horible about stealing for my friend and evey time i do it i say i wont do it again or when i come down i pray and ask god to keep me alive and i also prayed and promosed god i would not steal pills n e more and 3 days later i stole some more and thats when i knew it has gotten out of control i get my meds on the first and i know i cant take them like i am supossed to i ahve started missing work and church and i feel hopeless once again i cant go to rehab because of my boys someone please help!!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Country Corn, it sounds like you've got a dilemma, and I'm glad you found this place-- a lot of people here are unbelievably helpful and supportive.

I think you had better decide what's more important-- your boys, or your pills. It's not an easy realization, but the truth is you can only have one. In the short-term, I'd say focus on your sons as the reason why you don't want to take that next pill.

In the long-term, I'd say check out NA.

Stick around here as well! As I mentioned, you'll find a great many helpful people who may not know EXACTLY how you feel, but pretty damned close!

Good thoughts for you and your boys.

Welcome, and all the best,

B'sT
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR.

I realize that right now you may feel your situation is difficult but do consider how much more difficult it could get if you continue the path that you are on. I have met people in recovery who lost their children, killed people while under the influence, did jail time, wound up homeless, or worse while using. From the sound of things you are reaching out asking for help. I do hope that you will find the help you are seeking. We all have the power to choose how long we will continue to use before we find a recovery program or method to stop using. It does not have to get any worse for you. Here is a thread with a list of recovery programs from which you might be able to find one that you can use to help you quit.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-programs.html

There are also recovery houses that may be of use to you. I know a woman in my home group that started a rehab program for women with children here in Portland. The woman live with their children in the rehab program while they work on rehab. You might check and see if there is something similiar in your area.

I do hope you will continue to post here on SR and let us know how you are doing.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great advise from above...

Welcome to SR...

Keep posting....
Old 01-27-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's likely that the kids will not be a part of your life if you don't do anything about the addiction. If you get help you may not see them for a period of time but it may only be temporary. I was stealing pills from family members and friends as well. I didn't want to do it but my life was not manageable. My addiction had me doing things that I never thought I would do. I knew I was making a bad decision but I didn't care.

It's going to be hard to tell your doctor who prescribes your pills that you are abusing them, but I am sure he will understand, and he can start the process of getting you help. If you really would like help tell your doctor you are abusing your script and you can't stop.

I heard a guy last night say that he always said he "lost" his kids due to his addiction, but now he knows he didn't lose them, he gave them away. It's hard to ask for help, but it seems as if that is what you need to do. I couldn't do it alone, and I tried every possible way I could think of.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Country Corn,

It's good to hear that you are taking steps to make a better life for you and your children. The program you are in sounds like it is really good and will offer you and your kids a chance to have a good life.

I really hope that you talk to your dr about what's happening and how to get off the drugs you are taking.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi CC,

Just wanted to welcome you.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi countrycorn. Glad you are here.
First step..Admitting you have a problem. You have done that.
And I am glad you relise you need help.
Like already said there are lots of programs available.
And you and your boys lives are reason enough to utilise some of them.
I sounded like you. I couldnt go to rehab because I had to do this or because of that.
But was that an issue when you took off for 2 weeks with a truck driver on a binge?
I am not trying to be rude or harsh.
I was just like you and I was told you have to do what you have to do to get sober. Because the end result is going to be that you wont have any of the things you are trying to keep now if you dont do something about it ASAP.
Eventually it will happen. May take years but it will happen.
It only gets harder the longer you wait.
I wish you the best and hope you decide to do something.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Country Corn

Glad to see you here. That must have been a relief just to write that and tell someone. You are not alone at all.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Smile Thanx guys!!

Thanx everyone for your advise and encouragment i went to church this morning so i am feeling good...... i have not taken anything today and dont plan on it i dont have n e thing left and none of my friends do but i cant say that if they did i wouldnt take em i am gunna try my hardest to go slow on them when i get them and i will come to the point where i will tell my doc. I told my doc when he gave me xanex that i didnt want them n e more because i didnt like them but i really loved them but i couldnt function and take care of the kids. Im glad i found this place thanx everyone we r gunna take a nap i have sum sleep to catch up on

:praying