Notices

Hello.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello.

Hi, I am happy to see a place I can go to and just be able to read , or talk any time of the day or night to people going threw the same journey in life. Not that I dont have freinds in my aa groups that I know are just a phone call away, but I can relate to some who said they have relapsed and I get that feeling of being ashamed and feeling like I dont belong. I know that is just my negative thinking and it will pass but for now that is alittle how I feel. I have been sober sence Jan 1 now, I havent been going to as many meetings as I know I should be. I have a bad tendency to isolate and I know thats how I just sit in all that ugliness and start thinking to much and it builds up till I decide Ive had enough and I want to escape these feelings. The good thing I guess is Im recognizing this, now its time to start changing the behaviors. I also have realized I just dont want to stop drinking, I want to feel happy and live life. It aint just putting down the drink, theres so much more involved that will bring me back to that drink. I am very co-dependent, I have alot of built up anger, and on & on & on, I guess thats why they say "one day at a time". I want to feel better now and I realize thats not reality, theres a mountian of things I need to work on and thats why I say its a journey. Finding out who I really am and being who I want to be and feeling real happiness is going to be a journey and a hard one at times, but I know it will be worth it. Im sick of hurting, Im sick of hurting my family. I spent 24 yrs hurting, its time to spend the next 20 or more healing and happy. Nice to meet you all!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! You will find a lot of support here.

Get to some meetings, and get yourself a sponsor and start working the steps. This is how you will learn to let go of all the negative crap that will cause you grief.

Good Luck.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ter and welcome. I originally joined this board in December 2006. I have used it as silent support, daily reading but not responding almost every day since then. Once in awhile, I have reached out in a post or two, only to draw back and then relapse. I really don't want to relapse anymore. I have 13 days. This board has been such a help to me. I hope you stay and post.
My goal is to put myself out there more. I hope to learn more about you.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I think of AA meetings and Step work as
classes on living sober with joy.

The more I go...the quicker I learn.

Welcome to SR!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi Ter welcome to SR
Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lurker

Welcome! Eventuallt meeting for me meant going to see my friends. Keep going back, and just listen. More shall be revieled.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome

Stick around - it gets better, honest.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

30 days today

Thanks to all of you who wrote. Today is 30 days and besides the terrible sinus cold i have, I feel good. There is alot of things going on in my life right now that have me so angry and I just try to beleive that I dont have the power to fix these things right now and god is walking beside me helping me all the way and things happen everyday if I open my eyes that show me it is going to be ok, If I were drinking I would probably have been thrown in jail by now. This problem involves my children and as a mother I feel like I could do things to protect them that the law would not understand. Its out of my hands and I need to be strong for them and be a positive role model so they feel safe and Im here to help them in any and every way possible. This is only my second time writing , maybe I should be in blogs, if so Im sorry. Not real sure as to how to use this site yet, I am happy I found it and am looking forward to making some new freinds.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on your 30 days!! I'm so glad you are still here and posting.
You are welcome to start a blog, but you are just fine here. You can update this thread, reply to others, or start a new one.
Keep coming back.