SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 10 check in (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/141970-day-10-check.html)

Robzoloft 01-19-2008 05:57 AM

Day 10 check in

Hey All- At 9PM tonight I'll have 10 days...if that happens it'll be the first double digit amount of sobriety I've had in years...literally. I'm trying to respond to others as well as post myself...I know its not all about me...yesterday was hard..I found out my last debacle caused even more damage than I thought....I felt the guilt and remorse fresh all over again...of course followed by the urge to drink...I felt small and stupid...unloved and unloveable...but drinking won't help that..I know that today. I did what I did and there will be consequences...I have to focus on today or I'm done. I have my kids this weekend...trying to focus on that and be grateful and available to them...it is a blessing to be able to see them..it wasnt always that way. I have ALOT to be thankful for...trying to change my thinking regarding what might have happened to what didn't happen and be grateful it wasn't worse..Know what I mean? Insight is painful...and I'm having a lot of them. Thanks again all for all your support and help

stone 01-19-2008 06:01 AM

Rob, youre doing great. An attitude of gratitude is a very powerful tool, dont let yourself feel guilty for the past. Today really is all we ever have, whether in recovery or not.

All that matters is you stay sober, that is a pre-requisite to anything else happening for the good.
:hug:

Anna 01-19-2008 06:09 AM

Hi Rob,

It is SO hard to get through the early days and I remember being overwhelmed with guilt and shame. It is SO tempting to not deal with it and drink again, but it's not going to go away. It will still be there to deal with. You can get through it. And, use the serenity prayer at tough moments. Do what you can and then let the rest go.

Omega Man 01-19-2008 10:46 AM

Rob - keep your life simple today.

Stay sober.
Smile and laugh with your children.
Go to bed sober.

Tomorrow when you wake up - you'll be starting Day 11. :)

I'll be looking for your post tomorrow, your moving forward, making progress and I'm happy for you.

Steve

WLDKATZ 01-19-2008 12:48 PM

ROB IT IS DAY 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry thought it was something to celebrate myself....keep your head up remember we cant take on too many problems so let the small ones bounce off you sweetie!!!! And remeber you have one hell of a back up here on SR!!!!!!!!

Hugs and Prayers
Pamm

dave47 01-19-2008 01:44 PM

Well done Rob and keep it going.
I fully agree with what you say about the kids, i thank God everyday for my two angels(ha ha). I think its only natural for all the guilt feelings to come to the surface, you are trying to clean up your act and you can't disguise them, sounds like you are doing fine.

Anodyne 01-19-2008 03:51 PM

Good for you Rob, double digits is awesome.

Keep on keeping on!

caitlin666 01-19-2008 04:03 PM

youre doing amazing rob:ghug3

nodrinkingzone 01-19-2008 11:55 PM

Mate, awesome news - keep the milestones coming! Enjoy the time with your kids, and keep positive.

You're now inspiring me to stay sober tonight, so good work and thanks.

ndz

barb dwyer 01-19-2008 11:59 PM

*pixie dance*

Rob got his ten days .. rob got his ten days ...

TOLD JA !!!

Omega Man 01-20-2008 12:00 AM

:Dance7: