SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feeling Free For Newcomers!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/141867-feeling-free-newcomers.html)

windsurfer33 01-17-2008 04:36 PM

Feeling Free For Newcomers!!!

Hi All,
After reading a few threads recently of newbies looking for comfort and guidance about quitting drinking, it reminded me of the same calls for help that I uttered over 2 months ago now. Some of you may not think you have a problem, I was in denial for years until things came to a head and I found this place and decided to change. I haven`t drank since.

I have been given another chance to live (I've see the light as it were...) and now I am trying to live a full and meaningful life.

Take this chance and make it happen, become that better person you know you are inside, really give it a go, yes it is hard, but it is soooooooooooooo worth it.

"There is so much more to life than drinking"

My thoughts go out to anyone reading this thinking that they can't do it, we here on this site have fresh news for you all.............YOU CAN....
Regards
:ghug3

Anna 01-17-2008 04:42 PM

Thanks for your thread Windsurfer!

CarolD 01-17-2008 05:51 PM

Thanks....:)

And....what in the world will you do with all that time
if you don't have to deal with the drink?

Anything that you find interesting
You can now become the person you desire

Rusty Zipper 01-17-2008 05:52 PM

way to go WS, send that hope out!

all good wishes WS

xxoo

rz

WLDKATZ 01-17-2008 06:30 PM

nice to hear good thread starter btw!

little duck 01-18-2008 12:03 AM

they should print the SR address on liquor bottles ;)

i think it so amazing that this place exists and is filled with so many people that are always offering encouragement, advice and their own stories of struggles and accomplishments... makes you feel good about humanity :)

Rusty Zipper 01-18-2008 04:17 AM

Li'l Duck

they should print the SR address on liquor bottles
lol

timetogiveitup 01-18-2008 04:29 AM

What a great thread. As a newcomer, I would certainly like to say thankyou.

I'm 13 days sober now and the support given in SR and AA has been just wonderful.

:ghug3

tkdan 01-18-2008 04:42 AM

Hey windsurfer, cool thread, very encouraging and positive.
Excuse me for getting off subject. Windsurfer is not just a name you thought was cool or something; you actually do it right? I ask because someone gave me a board and five sails this winter. I've never done it but I'm going to start this spring as part of my do new things for the new sober me. Maybe one day I'll hit you up for some sailing tips.
Keep on posting those words of encouragement.

lostmdboy 01-18-2008 04:51 AM

Life is good sober. Especially waking up Bright eyed and bushy tailed. Ready for a new day. :D

Missymae737 01-18-2008 08:11 AM

Powerful words,

Powerful thread!

Thank you...:ghug

windsurfer33 01-18-2008 04:46 PM

Hi All,
Thanks for such a positive responce, I've just been feeling pretty good recently and though I would share my joy with you all.

timetogiveitup: Congrats on 13 days!! I feel the same, SR has indeed found a place in my life.

Tkdan: No not just a cool name, I'm really into it. Don't get to get out as much as I like, but I'm determined to get more done this year. Yep, sure I'll try and point you in the right direction regarding learning...but expect to get very wet!! You spend most of your time in the water to begin with.lol

Take care all:a194: