SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A week (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/141796-week.html)

Robzoloft 01-16-2008 06:26 PM

A week

Hey All- as of 20 minutes ago I have a week sober. Kind of a milestone for me...a week was always the amount of time I would go to prove I didn't have a problem....then go crazy for months...and stop for a week...and the madness went on and on and on....This time I'll wake up tomorrow on day 8...and take it one day at a time. Good stuff- went to my daughter's chorus concert at her school tonight...sober. She was so happy I was there....gratitude right?

lovingseren 01-16-2008 06:31 PM

Well Done YOU on One Week Rob!

An attitude with gratitude is key to sobriety and recovery.

Know that you have total choice in all things, including your sobriety and your attitude.

Seren:arms:

timetogiveitup 01-16-2008 06:52 PM

Great achievement! Keep it up :)

gravity 01-16-2008 08:46 PM

Wow!

I've been following your posts and this one really blows me away!

I'm really happy for you (and kids rock!).

You helped me today, Rob. Thanks.

Creekryder 01-16-2008 09:23 PM

Congrats to Rob! That's a week you've added to being truly alive. No booze to cloud the beauty of your daughter's concert. I have been to so many of my daughter's activities with the stench of alcohol on my breath. I'm sure it was an embarrassment to her at times. But I have entered my 17 day of sobriety and looking forward to removing this blight from my life. Hope your week of abstinence encourages your resolve and brings you peace.

Padraic

barb dwyer 01-16-2008 09:45 PM

way to go Rob!

C2H5OH_Free 01-16-2008 10:19 PM

Wtg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alive 01-17-2008 12:26 AM

Congrats Rob! I'm proud of you!

nodrinkingzone 01-17-2008 02:11 AM

Rob - there's a lot of great things on this board right now, but I reckon that's the best thing I've read all day. Way to go mate, way to go.

You know we're right here with you, a bunch of strangers you've never met in real life, and it's crazy but I know that I care about what happens to you, and enjoy seeing you sober.

Your daughter's concert must have been awesome - I don't have kids, so I can only imagine, but that's what's important in life.

I have my own set of things that keep me proud and sober, but man - that's just awesome.

Well done, keep it going, post as often as you need to, we'll be here.

Good work mate!

bonsai12 01-17-2008 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Robzoloft (Post 1641029)
Hey All- as of 20 minutes ago I have a week sober. Kind of a milestone for me...a week was always the amount of time I would go to prove I didn't have a problem....then go crazy for months...and stop for a week...and the madness went on and on and on....This time I'll wake up tomorrow on day 8...and take it one day at a time. Good stuff- went to my daughter's chorus concert at her school tonight...sober. She was so happy I was there....gratitude right?

Good for you I'm glad you went to your daughter's chorus sober. Had you been drunk they might have been singing the blues. Congats on the week....