i need to ask questions

Old 01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i need to ask questions

help to get off crack
Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You Have to just stop!!!!

I had a severe crack habit and it ripped my entire life apart. I couldnt stop myself at all until i had nothing left. even then I couldnt stop.

I finally had enough and I..

stopped hanging with anyone I used with.
stopped talking to ALL the peole I smoked with regardless of how close I thought I was to them.
You have to put yourself first and just stay awy from anything you associate with crack.

People places and things. Very important rule.

I had to change everything. the only thing I didnt change was where I live, but I am in the process of changing that also.

If you are here asking this question... Then you know crack is stealing your life away also.
acknowledgement of the problem is the first step.

For the longest time I believed I could control it, but now I know the crack is what was in control.

I hope you can find your way back, it isnt easy. Even after stopping for awhile now I still have alot of challenges ahead of me.

My life is pure crap right now, but its still better than it was when I was using.

Im not gonna make a laundry list off all that was lost, but I can tell you it was alot. My life has unraveled so much I dont know if I can ever fix it, but like I said its still better now that Im off that ****.

Im not killing myself everyday.

you might not see light at the end of the tunnel right away, but if you stop using there will be days the light is so bright youll need to put some sun glasses on.

Head for the light....

Put the stem down take a walk and really take notice of what life has to offer. If you get a little taste of what you gave up youll want it back more than anything.

Dont mean to sound like Im preaching, but I know what Im talking about. Read some of my posts..

My life is still a mess, but if you read about where I was at and where Im trying to head youll see it is possible to turn things around.

Cant really believe Im saying this cause most days I really feel like giving up, but I dont and I think I need to share the fact that you can stop if you want to.

I truly wish you the best of luck. If you ever feel the need to talk feel free to PM me anytime.

Beth
Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

I am also a recovering crack addict. I had almost 2 years clean, relapsed for a week and now have 10 months clean. It took me getting locked up for almost 6 months to even think about getting clean.

Putting down the crack (or any drug) isn't the hard part....it's not picking it back up. Beth is right about changing people, places, things associated with crack. Even though I feel strong in my recovery, I will not put myself in a position where someone is smoking it around me....I don't feel THAT strong!

I've been dealing with a lot of consequences that I ignored when I was using. It's not a lot of fun, but I am so much better off than when I was. I was homeless, living on the streets, and did things I'm not proud of. Today, though, I know that that's not who I am now.

More will be along to welcome you. I get a tremendous amount of support here at SR and have met a lot of new friends.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-16-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I pm''ed you back.

:ghug2
Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

go to rehab
go to NA mtgs.
Ask for help
Find out about rehabs affiliated with your insurance if you have it
Ask parents for help
Salvation Army has free rehabs
Old 01-16-2008, 10:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Spititual seeker is right.... NA, rehab

But you have to WANT to change or no matter what you do it wont help.

For the longest time I knew I had to change, but I really didnt want to and I was stuck in this state of limbo. Look at quitting as a sincere relationship. you have to commit yourself to making it work.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ima
help to get off crack
hiya ima...

i cant help you get'n off of it, do have some advice on how to stay off of it!

one example of its power!

my dear departed gf trish (miracal from this site)

battled with addictions for years, 25 to be exact... 30 rehabs!

had some years of not useing time, just said, she could never get the thoughts of it out of her head...
finally, with a good therapist, AA, working on herself, reactions to life, staying away from people, places and things... as mentioned...

she was making huge progress...

then, she decided to be more important then her recovery...

the thoughts came back... and in a matter of months...

gone!

if this sounds like i'm trying to scare you... correct... scared sober...

ima, if and when you stop!

work harder on staying stoped, then anything you've ever done on your life!

good wishes ima

rz
Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Hi, welcome to SR - you're in the right place.

I've never done crack, but I've done everything else - heroin\, coke, weed, meth, E's, trips etc... for years and years.

I got off heroin 8 years ago because I knew that if I kept using I would die. It was that simple - drugs or death.

You can do this, please read posts and ask for help from the people here who have been through the same thing. If you are here, it's because you don't want to die or lose any more of yourself.

I wish you all the best, and know that it can be done, and it has been done.

You are not alone.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Like basically already said. Noone can help you but you. Although there are endless tools available to help you do that.
I look at it like this. And after 20 years of being an addict and 13 of them being hardcore crack use.
Just this past year did I ever seek treatment. What a joke I thought at first. Slipped and thought this crap isnt going to work.
This is how I have been for so long this is just who I am.
WRONG!! Thats not who I am or want to be.
I am seeing that recovery is like being in class. You really have to learn how to live without drugs again.
Seriously. At least to me it seems that way.
Old habits die hard and we need to reprogram our thinking,feelings, and actions.
But it is very possible and is really very simple if you think about it.
All you have to do is not pick up ever again.
Sounds real easy right.
If you can get past the mental BS that tells you that you need to have it. And that is all it is , is all in your head. Then you can make it.
Our minds are amazing. Change your thought process.
Distract yourself.
I dont even have 30 days clean. But I know what I need to do. And yes..You just have to do it.
Crack is the evilest thing ever. It really is to me.
I wish you the best and hope you find your way out of that crap.
Life is so amazing when you quit that stuff and really look around you.
It's amazing the amount of money you could have had. The time you have lost. The memories and good times there are to be had without being high.
Yes..It is fun being sober. Alot more so than being high and without consequence.
Sorry for rambling.