Notices

Monday- Day 12 check in

Old 01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday- Day 12 check in

Hey All- Tonight at 9PM will be 12 days sober- uncharted waters for me since a long time ago...years. Had some overwhelming cravings on Sunday...otherwordly and strong. I tell you...the thought came...I made the decision to drink, what I was going to drink, where, how, what mixer, what brand, how I was going to pay for it, how I was going to hide it, the amount I need...decided all this in a fraction of a second...that fast..that powerful was the urge.....BUT....I didn't...I actually had to stop myself physically, talk out loud to myself, think my plans through...think about the cost and the consequence....it was hard. But I did it.....It was scary...how quickly it all almost fell apart again...at my own hand.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's scary isn't it? It's like there are two people living in your head.

I'm glad you made it through - congratulations on your 12th day sober!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so glad to see you refrained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Proud of ya, btw I felt pretty much the same way all day and it isnt day 12 for me we just have to take it as it comes eh?

Hugs and Prayers.
Pamm
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Well done mate, you rejected insanity and chose sobriety and life.

You're getting there mate, and all I can say is this - I think you need to give up completely, surrender wholly and totally to the fact that you cannot drink any more and YOU NEED ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GET. The spiritual thing has become the most important part of my recovery at this point, and I know it's only 37 days for me but every single one of them I've known that I'm no longer in control; that all this is out of my hands, and all I can do is play along.

I'm serious, urges like that - I know that you made it through, and that it feels demonic, but beg for help from anywhere and anything that's listening and I tell you - I felt the weight off my shoulders. It's a scary, wonderful thing.

I don't mean to sound preachy, and I never thought I'd hear this stuff come out of my mouth, but there it is...

I'm glad you're doing so well, don't think about the future, just get through today. You're doing great, I'll be thinking of you down under.

ndz
Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Rob... This is actually going to be a plus for you. Temptation pushed you to the edge, and this time you pushed back. How many times could you say that before? If you're like me, not many times.

So remember last night. You've got it in you to say no. Always take 30 minutes when you have an urge before you act on it. And consider reaching out to someone by phone, on this board, or face to face when those times come. You don't have to always do it alone.

Nice going! I'm proud of you.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very happy to hear you got through such an intense craving without drinking, Rob.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

........??????............??????
....??????????....??????????
..????????????????........??????
??????????????????........??????
???????????????????....????? ??
??????????????????? ..???????
. ?????????????????????????
....??????????????????????
......????????????? ??????
.........???????????????
...........???????????
............????????
.............??????

sendin ya thoughts from the bottom of my heart!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rob, that's a great post and good for you. I have done the 'talking out loud' thing too and it works!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
where the light is

Excellent work, Rob!

I've been where you were on Sunday. The craving was so intense it was physical - shaking, major headache, pressure in the back of my neck. For me, it reinforced how serious my problem was and I realized that no matter how hard it got, I could beat it. You beat the craving exactly how you had to and this will make you stronger.

Congratulations on getting to day 12!